POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : assumed_gamma default broken in 3.6.2? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 00:11:32 EDT (-0400)
  assumed_gamma default broken in 3.6.2? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: clipka
Subject: assumed_gamma default broken in 3.6.2?
Date: 9 Sep 2009 12:50:01
Message: <4aa7dcb9$2@news.povray.org>
It appears to me that when rendering multiple scenes (or animation
frames) in POV-Ray 3.6.2, and one of them contains an assumed_gamma
statement, that setting carries over to the next scenes as default.

I.e. if an animation contains the statement

     global_settings {
       #if (frame_number=1)
         assumed_gamma 1.5
       #end
     }

then frames 2 and following will render with assumed_gamma 1.5 if the
animation is rendered from the very start, but without any gamma
correction if only frames 2 and following are rendered.

Can someone confirm?