POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Glass in *ancient* scenes Server Time
29 Apr 2024 01:34:55 EDT (-0400)
  Glass in *ancient* scenes (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Glass in *ancient* scenes
Date: 21 Aug 2009 12:50:22
Message: <4a8ed04e$1@news.povray.org>
I realize this is sort of a deprecated feature, therefore I'm not filing
a formal bug report, this is mostly just an FYI...

Rendering scenes intended for old versions of POV Ray that use the glass
textures render incorrectly, even if the version parameter is set.

Originally, the finish declaration looked like this, but this does not
add the IOR to the finish statement as expected,

#declare Glass_Finish=
finish {
     specular 1
     roughness 0.001
     ambient 0
     diffuse 0
     reflection 0.1
  #if (version<3.1)
     ior 1.5
  #end
}

Changed to this, old scenes (provided the #version tag is added or the
+mvx.x command line option is specified) render as expected.

#declare Glass_Finish=
finish {
     specular 1
     roughness 0.001
     ambient 0
     diffuse 0
     reflection 0.1
  #if (Textures_Inc_Temp<3.1)
     ior 1.5
  #end
}

~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> I realize this is sort of a deprecated feature, therefore I'm not filing
> a formal bug report, this is mostly just an FYI...

I think this /does/ qualify as a bug. It doesn't really make any sense
at all to test the "version" variable in a file that's forced hard-coded
to version 3.5.