POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : long filenames??? Server Time
14 May 2024 13:52:04 EDT (-0400)
  long filenames??? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Uwe Zimmermann
Subject: long filenames???
Date: 29 Jun 1999 03:16:59
Message: <377872EB.43CA892@ele.kth.se>
Hej all!

Another feature of the Windows version 3.2 of PovRay (WinNT 4 sp3) :
Long filenames for render scenes are pretty well accepted by the
pvengine but when it comes to animation rendering of such files, the
output filename is truncated in the old-fashionned 8.3 notation to a
length of only 8-x characters where x represents the number of digits to
display the highest frame number - is this really neccessary?

Uwe.

Uwe Zimmermann                uwe### [at] geocitiescom
Dipl. Phys.                     uwe### [at] elekthse

           Department of Electronics
            Solid State Electronics
         Royal Institute of Technology
                 Electrum 229