POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Windows says the help file is corrupt!!! Server Time
19 May 2024 12:09:00 EDT (-0400)
  Windows says the help file is corrupt!!! (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Rygad
Subject: Windows says the help file is corrupt!!!
Date: 11 May 1999 07:09:35
Message: <373801df.0@news.povray.org>
Ok, here is the deal, a couple of days ago I'm sitting at home playing in
POV.  Suddenly, I get the urge to look up a command line option I can never
remember exactly how to type.  Then windows gives me this error saying that
the povray31.hlp is corrupt and to contact the vendor for support.  Now, as
far as I can tell the only thing this does is prevent searching, because I
can look through it by hand just fine.  I've had this error before and so I
figured if I reinstalled POV it would go away, nope, didn't work.  Ok, so I
tried an older version, then I downloaded the 3.1e again, no success either
way.  Sorry for the long exposition, just venting a little bit.

Does anyone know how to fix this or what the cause is?  I really have no
idea.

Rygad

PS- Is this the right group for this?  If not, feel free to respond in
.windows.