POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bug in 3.1 reading PPM file Server Time
2 Jun 2024 10:34:28 EDT (-0400)
  Bug in 3.1 reading PPM file (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Jan Wieck
Subject: Bug in 3.1 reading PPM file
Date: 31 Mar 1999 10:18:39
Message: <37023ccf.0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

    first  off,  since I'm new to POVray, I want to thank all who
    did this great job.

    Now my 1st cent. There's a bug when reading the header  of  a
    binary PPM.  If the first pixels have color values of 32, the
    fscanf() for the pixels maxval eats up those color values and
    POVray later reports an error reading PPM data.

    In  the  PPM  binary  format  (magic P6), only one whitespace
    after the maxval should be read. The next following  byte  is
    the RED value of the upper left pixel.

    This happend under Linux gcc-2.8.1 glibc-2.

Jan