POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Re: CSG difference and 2D vectors Server Time
26 Jun 2024 05:53:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG difference and 2D vectors (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: CSG difference and 2D vectors
Date: 26 Mar 1999 22:10:55
Message: <36fc4c3f.0@news.povray.org>
In article <36FC1532.6F427660@club-internet.fr> , Vincent Chevrier
<vch### [at] club-internetfr>  wrote:

> - The second question deals with 2D vectors. Why is vlength(2*u)
> different from vlength(VectA), with VectA=2*u? (u=<1, 0>)
>
> #declare vectA = 2*u;
> #declare vectB = <2, 0>;
> #debug concat(str(vlength(2*u),1,1), "  -  ", str(vlength(vectA),1,1),
> "  -  ", str(vlength(vectB),1,1))
>
> gives :    2.0  -  3.5  -  3.5

I suppose you are using the Windows version, right?  Then it is likely a
Windows POV-Ray bug because on the Mac this prints as expected: three times
2.0.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: pov### [at] csicom

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.
Visit POV-Ray on the web: http://www.povray.org and
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/povraymac/

Post a reply to this message

From: Spider
Date: 26 Mar 1999 22:22:54
Message: <36FC4E04.357E0FF0@bahnhof.se>
actually, on my win 3.1e it gives :
-nan - 2.0 - 2.0
So I think my first reply was a bit hasty.

--
//Spider
        [ spi### [at] bahnhofse ]-[ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]