POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bump maps fried in 3.1d Server Time
1 Jun 2024 07:31:43 EDT (-0400)
  Bump maps fried in 3.1d (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Chris Young
Subject: Bump maps fried in 3.1d
Date: 1 Mar 1999 22:21:21
Message: <36dc5892.8754933@news.povray.org>
There is a bug in bump_maps in POV-Ray 3.1d which was just released.

Don't download it if you need bump maps.

For you compile-it-yourself folks...

try changing image.c line 362 from...

  VScaleEq(yprime, bump_normal[Y]);

  VScaleEq(yprime, (-bump_normal[Y]));

That fixed it for me but let's let the troups beat on it more just to
make sure before releasing 3.1e officially.
	Chris Young, POV-Team Coordinator

Post a reply to this message