POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Not a bug but a problem Server Time
2 Jun 2024 04:12:49 EDT (-0400)
  Not a bug but a problem (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Buke
Subject: Not a bug but a problem
Date: 15 Mar 1999 18:37:23
Message: <36ED99CC.7646863A@iglou.com>
I know this is not a bug but a problem with my machine. I can't smooth
height fields. This is a new machine and I hadn't tried a smooth h/f
until now. It parses and starts the render and then illegal operation. I
thought someone else might have had this problem and could lend some
help.
I have a Dell xps r450 128 megs of ram 16meg Stb riva tnt video Turtle
Beach Montego II sound Stb 12meg Voodoo2 Sony 32x cdrom Mitsumi 4x8x cdr
and external Zip anybody with these items have this problem let me know
if you have found the problem. I tried PovWin PovDos both 3.1d and even
broke out Pov 2.2 and it crashed too. Everything else seems to work fine
but smoothing a h/f unsmoothed works fine. Thanks in advance for any
help.
                                                       Buke

Post a reply to this message

Sorry to pound on you, but if it's not a bug, then this is the wrong
newsgroup. For a general question for help, you would better try
povray.general. Probably more people browsing through that group anyway...

Johannes.