POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Win95 on laptop install probs Server Time
2 Jun 2024 03:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  Win95 on laptop install probs (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: david hyer
Subject: Win95 on laptop install probs
Date: 12 Mar 1999 15:49:25
Message: <36E97DB2.D1452886@sysix.com>
Greetings..

Read several of the bug reports, but could not find my particular
problem.

I have a HP Omnibook 2100, and trying to install povwin3.exe on it...the
first tries would result in a lock up. Then if it did install, i could
not run the demo, resulting in a lockup. If there was no lockup, then i
would receive a Gen Seg Fault caused by the render engine.

I sucessfully installed to a HP Vectra VL no problems.

I have 64 megs ram, plenty of HD space, p-166 on the laptop...can anyone
offer any tips/hints or should i abandon all hope for my Laptop??

thanks
Dave