POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Slow radiosity (window update bug) Server Time
2 Jun 2024 05:11:18 EDT (-0400)
  Slow radiosity (window update bug) (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Markus Becker
Subject: Slow radiosity (window update bug)
Date: 29 Jan 1999 05:13:22
Message: <36B18A00.A2A926D2@zess.uni-siegen.de>
Hi,

I think everyone now knows that the precalculation
converning radiosity is a lot faster when holding
the mouse over the caption of the render window.

Yesterday I noticed that it also helps to touch
the scrollbar of the editor window....

And (most important):

I rendered a simple scene (cylinder, 2 spheres, 3 planes)
which went at about 9600 pixels per second. One time
I accidentally (sp?) hit the caption of the render
window (I was doing radiosity tests, you know ;-)
and I realized that even a normal rendering goes
faster when holding the title bar of the render
window. It then calculated about 12800 pixels per
second which is a good 30% faster.

I think this should be definitely fixed in the next
release (before any new features come into POV...)

Markus
--

 Ich nicht eine Sekunde!!!" H. Heinol in Val Thorens

Post a reply to this message