POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : animation rendering - page fault error closes pov Server Time
28 May 2024 23:42:45 EDT (-0400)
  animation rendering - page fault error closes pov (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Guy Giesbrecht
Subject: animation rendering - page fault error closes pov
Date: 28 Nov 1998 13:47:20
Message: <36604538.0@news.povray.org>
Hi anyone,
          I've been using pov-ray for a couple years now with great
satisfaction, until I recently downloaded version 3.1 and began a new
project with hopes of rendering a simple flower like shape. I began with a
primitive, just to get the feel. But when I try to animate the primitives
motion using the clock variable I always get a page fault error which closes
the application.
         Here's the problem causing code:

global_settings { assumed_gamma 1.0 }
#include "colors.inc"
// ------------------------------------------------------------------
// Look down at an angle at our creation
camera
{
  location  <0,1,-4.0>
  direction 1*z
  look_at   <0,0,0>
}

// ------------------------------------------------------------------
// Simple background for a simple scene
background { color rgb <0.9, 0.8, 0.7> }

// ------------------------------------------------------------------
// A light source
light_source { <20, 20, -10>  color White  }
#declare increment = 0.03;
#declare xd=0.0;
#declare yd=-2.0;
#declare zd=0.0;
#declare dd = 0.12;

#declare iclock=clock+0.01;
#declare fclock=5.0*(clock+0.01);
#declare tclock=2.0*(clock+0.01);
#declare td=3.5;
blob{
threshold 0.6
#while (yd<=1)
#declare td=td-0.014;
#declare xd=sin(yd*3.0+fclock)/td;
// #declare zd=sin(yd*2+tclock);
  cylinder { <xd,yd,zd>  <xd,yd+0.03,zd>, dd , 4 pigment { Red } }
  #declare yd=yd+increment;
  #declare dd=dd-0.0009;

#end
sphere { <xd,yd+increment+.15,zd> ,.5,7
// image_map { tga "eye1.tga" }  rotate <0,-139.2,4+fclock> rotate <-70,0,0> scale 4
texture { pigment { Blue  } finish { roughness 0.3 } }
  }
}

    This runs fine for between 2 and 10 renderings, then it throuws a page fault error
and an Access Violation 0xc0000005,  the debugger points out this bit of native code
as the problem:

00439E7D   add         esi,48h
00439E80   push        edi
00439E81   mov         eax,ecx
00439E83   shr         ecx,2

00439E86   repne movs  dword ptr es:[edi],dword ptr [es
]

0
0439E88   mov         cl,al
00439E8A   and         cl,3
00439E8D   repne movs  byte ptr es:[edi],byte ptr [esi]

         The line seperated by spaces is the one pointed to as the error
line.

        Does anyone know how to prevent this? am I missing something in the
coding?
        Any help would be greatly appreciated.
          Thanks,
            Guy :)E

Post a reply to this message

I ran your scene animation to 24 frames, no problems.
You need to state your OS (likewise POV platform)  and other relevent info,
like video, ram, etc.; esp. since you've posted to the bugreports group.

Message <36604538.0@news.povray.org>, Guy Giesbrecht  typed...

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
  http://members.aol.com/inversez/POVring.html