POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Radiosity speed problems Server Time
2 Jun 2024 10:42:00 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity speed problems (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Markus Becker
Subject: Radiosity speed problems
Date: 27 Nov 1998 06:21:37
Message: <365E8C26.8FF16A4A@zess.uni-siegen.de>
Hello,

I thought that more people would already know this "bug". But I haven't
seen it mentioned here.

Version: 3.1.watcom.win32.r1

Problem: If you do a rendering with radiosity on, it goes two-pass.
The first pass always seemed very slow to me until I realized that
it speeds up with a factor of at least 20 (twenty!!!) if you click and
hold the title bar of the rendering window. If you do this, radiosity
renderings are only about 50% slower than normal ones.

Somebody should know this and it should be quite easy to fix, I guess
it is a message handling problem between the rendering window and the
calculation thread.

Markus

Post a reply to this message

I've tried this out since first hearing about it. No speed change noticable
for me. P-R 3.1r1 for Windows under Win95.

Message <365E8C26.8FF16A4A@zess.uni-siegen.de>, Markus Becker  typed...

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
  http://members.aol.com/inversez/POVring.html