POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : installation : .pov type Server Time
1 Jun 2024 07:30:08 EDT (-0400)
  installation : .pov type (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Dan Connelly
Subject: installation : .pov type
Date: 21 Nov 1998 07:57:34
Message: <3656B8B1.396BED83@flash.net>
version : 3.1a for w95
summary : installation assigns .pov type to pvengine.exe even when
          I answer "no" on the installation dialogue.
OS      : W95

-----------

I install, answering "no" to all questions regarding the .pov type.
The code still assigns .pov files to pvengine.  Subsequent clicking
on a .pov file, which calls the "edit" action, launches pvengine
but doesn't load the .pov file.

Note I usually prefer to have .pov files assigned to my text
editor (gtedit).

Dan
--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/

Post a reply to this message

>summary : installation assigns .pov type to pvengine.exe even when
>          I answer "no" on the installation dialogue.
>OS      : W95
>
>-----------
>
>I install, answering "no" to all questions regarding the .pov type.
>The code still assigns .pov files to pvengine.  Subsequent clicking
>on a .pov file, which calls the "edit" action, launches pvengine
>but doesn't load the .pov file.

The POVWIN installation does not give you a choice about associating the POV
type to POV-Ray. You are mistaken in thinking that it did. Try watching the
install again.

Post a reply to this message

> The POVWIN installation does not give you a choice about associating the POV
> type to POV-Ray. You are mistaken in thinking that it did. Try watching the
> install again.

I apologize for the hasty report.  I clearly misread the
dialog.  I suppose, then, this should be refiled under "feature
requests".  :)

Dan

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/