POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : prism, linear spline, conic sweep bug Server Time
2 Jun 2024 03:37:38 EDT (-0400)
  prism, linear spline, conic sweep bug (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Dan Connelly
Subject: prism, linear spline, conic sweep bug
Date: 7 Nov 1998 21:53:29
Message: <364507A2.7FCB6B2E@flash.net>
The listed script yields erronious results with or without
the "open" keyword in the prism commented out.

What is expected is a closed truncated prism.  What is
observed is an open truncated prism with a misplaced face.

This has been checked on 3.1r1 and a patched 3.02 code so
far with identical results.  For 3.1r1 it was checked
against the official POV for W95 and on the SuperPatch.
I realize only the official version is supported here,
but I report these facts for completeness -- it fails
on the official version.  Thus it appears the bug
is in the core rendering code for this primitive.

Dan

==============================

#declare V0 = <0, -3, 0>;
#declare V1 = V0 + <-5, 9, -8>;