POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : access violation error Server Time
2 Jun 2024 03:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  access violation error (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: John Roberts
Subject: access violation error
Date: 3 Nov 1998 12:00:53
Message: <363f36c5.0@news.povray.org>
Hello all

I am running POV-RAY vers. 3.1, on an NT4.0 (service pack 3), Pentium II
dual 400 MHz, 512 MB RAM.

If I include complex shape files into my rendering environment, say 5000
triangles or so, I will get an intermittent error in Dr. Watson that
indicates an 'access violation error'. POV-RAY then crashes, exiting the
program.

If I simplify the rendering by reducing the number of objects, the problem
goes away. I've been told by another programmer this may be a memory
allocation problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
jro### [at] swriedu