POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Render Window idea Server Time
2 Jun 2024 12:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Render Window idea (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: jko
Subject: Render Window idea
Date: 6 Oct 1998 21:26:54
Message: <361AB522.2001A269@home.com>
This isn't a bug, but an improvement I submitted last year that I hope
will make it into the next version:

When displaying images which are larger than the screen, start with a
window which is within the screen so that scrollbars are available.

I render larger than screen images all the time and when the image first
comes up I have this major task of sizing the window down to a point
where I can use the scrollbars. I have to drag the side over move the
window back and do this repeatedly until the width fits.  Then I have to
do the same for the height.

Also the maximize window often doesn't make much sense for these images,
especially if they are a different aspect ratioo.  I guess a zoom
capability would be nice too, as long as I'm asking.

:^)

Post a reply to this message

>I render larger than screen images all the time and when the image first
>comes up I have this major task of sizing the window down to a point
>where I can use the scrollbars. I have to drag the side over move the
>window back and do this repeatedly until the width fits.  Then I have to
>do the same for the height.
>
>Also the maximize window often doesn't make much sense for these images,
>especially if they are a different aspect ratioo.  I guess a zoom
>capability would be nice too, as long as I'm asking.

I totally agree... :-)

Bye,
Friedemann

Friedemann Schmidt