POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : #local 'bug' cripples usefulness Server Time
23 Jun 2024 15:31:48 EDT (-0400)
  #local 'bug' cripples usefulness (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Philippe Debar
Subject: #local 'bug' cripples usefulness
Date: 26 Sep 1998 07:06:29
Message: <360cbca5.0@news.povray.org>
This problem greatly decreases the value of the #local declaration: you
can't have a local identifier with a different data type from a same-named
global identifier.

e.g. you can't:

(main file) #declare anItem=4;
(include file) #local anItem="test"

This restriction should be at least signaled in the final docs...

   POV INFO
POV-Ray for Windows
Version 3.1.beta.6b.watcom.win32 [Pentium II optimised]

   SYSTEM INFO
MS Windows 95 4.00.950 B
IE 4.0 4.711712.6
Pentium Pro 233MHz