POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Illegal operation in POV 3.02 Server Time
2 Jun 2024 13:40:01 EDT (-0400)
  Illegal operation in POV 3.02 (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Richard
Subject: Illegal operation in POV 3.02
Date: 16 Dec 1998 17:28:17
Message: <355BCECE.F869693F@mindspring.com>
Ok, this is kind of an odd question, but here it goes.......
When I first found out about POV, I downloaded version 3.1 and it worked
fine.  However, I'm still pretty new to POV and still trying to figure
it out, and I noticed that most scene files still use the older version
3.0x or 2.2 syntax, so I got version 3.02 and installed it.  The problem
is that when I go to render something, I get a general protection fault
invalid page fault thing -- you know -- one of those really annoying
errors that shuts down the program you're running. I'm just wondering if
anyone out there has any suggestions, or may know what the problem is.

Other important stuff:
I'm running POV 3.02 for Win95 on a P-II 300Mhz system
POV 3.1 runs and renders fine
POV 3.02 will run, but won't render
I installed the different versions of POV in different directories.

Post a reply to this message