POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : sky light render Server Time: 17 Jan 2019 03:34:16 GMT
  sky light render (Message 1 to 10 of 37)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: And
Subject: sky light render
Date: 12 Dec 2016 11:25:02
Message: <web.584e880d61e083edb1eb18a80@news.povray.org>
I'm writing a sky sphere map generator, this is the image:

There is room for improvement, but still an achievement.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'color_image size4800 g0.9 level2.png' (999 KB)

Preview of image 'color_image size4800 g0.9 level2.png'
color_image size4800 g0.9 level2.png


 

From: And
Subject: Re: sky light render
Date: 12 Dec 2016 11:40:01
Message: <web.584e8c1787bb2a51b1eb18a80@news.povray.org>
Not decide go for commercial or free software...


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'color_image multi_size6000 sample3 sunset level2.png' (964 KB)

Preview of image 'color_image multi_size6000 sample3 sunset level2.png'
color_image multi_size6000 sample3 sunset level2.png


 

From: And
Subject: Re: sky light render
Date: 14 Dec 2016 13:05:02
Message: <web.5851424e87bb2a51b1eb18a80@news.povray.org>



Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'color_image good sunset.png' (1101 KB)

Preview of image 'color_image good sunset.png'
color_image good sunset.png


 

From: Mr
Subject: Re: sky light render
Date: 14 Dec 2016 15:30:00
Message: <web.5851650387bb2a5116086ed00@news.povray.org>
"And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> I'm writing a sky sphere map generator, this is the image:
>
> There is room for improvement, but still an achievement.

Wonderful, however, where does the noise come from?


Post a reply to this message

From: And
Subject: Re: sky light render
Date: 15 Dec 2016 13:45:01
Message: <web.58529d4187bb2a5144f8e2630@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "And" <49341109@ntnu.edu.tw> wrote:
> > I'm writing a sky sphere map generator, this is the image:
> >
> > There is room for improvement, but still an achievement.
>
> Wonderful, however, where does the noise come from?

Thank you.
Well, the noise is very common here. It can reduce by generating more samples.


Post a reply to this message

From: And
Subject: Re: sky light render
Date: 7 Jan 2017 08:20:01
Message: <web.5870a39587bb2a51e7f9745e0@news.povray.org>
Hard work.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'sky render01.png' (1064 KB)

Preview of image 'sky render01.png'
sky render01.png


 

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: sky light render
Date: 7 Jan 2017 08:48:41
Message: <5870ab69$1@news.povray.org>
On 7-1-2017 9:15, And wrote:
> Hard work.
>

LOL

It is coming along well as far as I can judge. As an indication, can you 
tell us what the render time is for those images, particularly when you 
get rid of the noise (more samples)?

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: sky light render
Date: 7 Jan 2017 09:01:17
Message: <5870ae5d$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/7/2017 8:15 AM, And wrote:
> Hard work.
>

But not unattractive. :)

Sorry for the double negative.

-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: And
Subject: Re: sky light render
Date: 7 Jan 2017 11:40:01
Message: <web.5870d2a787bb2a51e7f9745e0@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> On 7-1-2017 9:15, And wrote:
> > Hard work.
> >
>
> LOL
>
> It is coming along well as far as I can judge. As an indication, can you
> tell us what the render time is for those images, particularly when you
> get rid of the noise (more samples)?
>
> --
> Thomas

These images took unfavorable render time, about 12 hours for the left two
demos, they are from a 1024x512 spherical image.

My computer is amd fx-8350 but in fact I can only run it in half speed with my
program.


I ever tried the "reduse noise" filter of Photoshop and it is what benefit the
situation so write a filter is a solution, too.


Post a reply to this message

From: And
Subject: Re: sky light render
Date: 7 Jan 2017 11:40:01
Message: <web.5870d31287bb2a51e7f9745e0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 1/7/2017 8:15 AM, And wrote:
> > Hard work.
> >
>
> But not unattractive. :)
>
> Sorry for the double negative.
>
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen


Happy new year!


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.