POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : POV-Ray Color Picker (PCP) v2.0 Server Time: 23 Mar 2019 06:38:02 GMT
  POV-Ray Color Picker (PCP) v2.0 (Message 1 to 9 of 9)  
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: POV-Ray Color Picker (PCP) v2.0
Date: 2 Jun 2006 03:49:18
Message: <447fb53e@news.povray.org>
Greetings.

This is the version 2.0 of the small program which helps you to select 
visually colors (RGBs) for the use with POV-Ray or other applications. The 
version 2 offers the color code as standard RGB values, as well, as the 
known POV-Ray syntax.

PCP v2 is freely distributable as long as nobody takes any fees for it.

PCP v2 is a program designed for Windows XP. It also runs on other Windows
versions but might look not as good as under Windows XP.
The program is self-explaining (mouse-over hints). You can drag it to a
location on your desktop suiting you, and keep it running in the foreground
(on top).

Curious? Just try out! It is not a great sensation but a nice and usable
tool. Comments are welcome.

Sven


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'PCP.zip' (409 KB)

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: POV-Ray Color Picker (PCP) v2.0
Date: 7 Aug 2006 07:40:25
Message: <44d6ee69@news.povray.org>
That's very nice Sven!


Thank you!!

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Re: POV-Ray Color Picker (PCP) v2.0
Date: 16 Nov 2006 08:20:55
Message: <455c1f67@news.povray.org>
I am happy if users like it, and if they emphasize it as useful.

Thanks!

Sven


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: POV-Ray Color Picker (PCP) v2.0
Date: 22 Nov 2006 15:16:00
Message: <456469b0@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> schreef in bericht 
news:455c1f67@news.povray.org...
>I am happy if users like it, and if they emphasize it as useful.
>

Personally, I find it very useful for rapidly choosing a color and dropping 
it in the POV-Ray code.
And I like the lay-out of the utility too!! :-)

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Re: POV-Ray Color Picker (PCP) v2.0
Date: 14 Sep 2013 05:00:10
Message: <web.5233ecc15033432f5d7939930@news.povray.org>
Such a looong time ago. And it's still there. I just downloaded it by myself.

Thomas, we just had some communications in another thread. But I am seeing here,
how long both of us are part of the active POV-Ray community. It's amazing. And
also shocking how the years pass by...


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: POV-Ray Color Picker (PCP) v2.0
Date: 14 Sep 2013 07:15:10
Message: <52340cfe$1@news.povray.org>
On 14-9-2013 6:57, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Such a looong time ago. And it's still there. I just downloaded it by myself.

And I am still happily using it too :-)

>
> Thomas, we just had some communications in another thread. But I am seeing here,
> how long both of us are part of the active POV-Ray community. It's amazing. And
> also shocking how the years pass by...
>

Well, we are not the only ones and not the longest either. I became 
active in the second half of the nineties but some of the guys here have 
been using POV-Ray since the very start. I does not make us any younger 
though.

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: BertvdB
Subject: Re: POV-Ray Color Picker (PCP) v2.0
Date: 16 Sep 2013 08:55:00
Message: <web.5236c67a5033432fd25d21bf0@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> This is the version 2.0 of the small program which helps you to select
> visually colors (RGBs) for the use with POV-Ray or other applications. The
> version 2 offers the color code as standard RGB values, as well, as the
> known POV-Ray syntax.
>
> PCP v2 is freely distributable as long as nobody takes any fees for it.
>
> PCP v2 is a program designed for Windows XP. It also runs on other Windows
> versions but might look not as good as under Windows XP.
> The program is self-explaining (mouse-over hints). You can drag it to a
> location on your desktop suiting you, and keep it running in the foreground
> (on top).
>
> Curious? Just try out! It is not a great sensation but a nice and usable
> tool. Comments are welcome.
>
> Sven

Thanks, still very usefull
Greatings Bert


Post a reply to this message

From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Re: POV-Ray Color Picker (PCP) v2.0
Date: 14 Jul 2017 09:07:31
Message: <596889d3@news.povray.org>
On 16.09.2013 04:51, BertvdB wrote:
> "Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote:
>> Greetings.
>>
>> This is the version 2.0 of the small program which helps you to select
>> visually colors (RGBs) for the use with POV-Ray or other applications. T
he
>> version 2 offers the color code as standard RGB values, as well, as the
>> known POV-Ray syntax.
>>
>> PCP v2 is freely distributable as long as nobody takes any fees for it.
>>
>> PCP v2 is a program designed for Windows XP. It also runs on other Windo
ws
>> versions but might look not as good as under Windows XP.
>> The program is self-explaining (mouse-over hints). You can drag it to a
>> location on your desktop suiting you, and keep it running in the foregro
und
>> (on top).
>>
>> Curious? Just try out! It is not a great sensation but a nice and usable

>> tool. Comments are welcome.
>>
>> Sven
> 
> Thanks, still very usefull
> Greatings Bert
> 
You are welcome. :-)

---
Diese E-Mail wurde von AVG auf Viren geprüft.
http://www.avg.com


Post a reply to this message

From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Re: POV-Ray Color Picker (PCP) v2.0
Date: 14 Jul 2017 10:01:09
Message: <59689665$1@news.povray.org>
On 16.09.2013 04:51, BertvdB wrote:
> "Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote:
>> Greetings.
>>
>> This is the version 2.0 of the small program which helps you to select
>> visually colors (RGBs) for the use with POV-Ray or other applications. T
he
>> version 2 offers the color code as standard RGB values, as well, as the
>> known POV-Ray syntax.
>>
>> PCP v2 is freely distributable as long as nobody takes any fees for it.
>>
>> PCP v2 is a program designed for Windows XP. It also runs on other Windo
ws
>> versions but might look not as good as under Windows XP.
>> The program is self-explaining (mouse-over hints). You can drag it to a
>> location on your desktop suiting you, and keep it running in the foregro
und
>> (on top).
>>
>> Curious? Just try out! It is not a great sensation but a nice and usable

>> tool. Comments are welcome.
>>
>> Sven
> 
> Thanks, still very usefull
> Greatings Bert
> 
Still functioning! It let's you select the colors you need!

---
Diese E-Mail wurde von AVG auf Viren geprüft.
http://www.avg.com


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.