Here is Domenator, a 3D Shape generator using OpenGL (see the
binaries.images forum for examples).
There are many parameters in this utility, but they are very simple to use
(any way you see immediately the effect for most of them), and there is a
To try it you just have to choose a Base and a Slope, nothing else is
When you press the "Generate Dome" button, it generates an INC file that you
can use in your POV Scene.
1) Error management is very weak.
2) Never erase the content of an EditText zone or of a Spinner, it would
freeze the program (especially after midnight). In fact this is a GLUI bug,
if anyone knows a workaround; I would be pleased to correct that.
3) The program can't fetch the directory from the GLUI FileBrowser (another
GLUI bug), so I have forbidden changing directory (see the installation
If there is enough persons to be interested in this tool, I may try to
convert it into a pure MSVC program (without GLUI).
1) This is an OpenGL program, so you will need OpenGL DLLs. All these files
are free to download.
2) It has been developed with MSVC 2010 (I've never been able to make
Code::Blocks to work with GLUI (even the examples files)) so, you will need
some MSVC*.DLL and the .NET Framework v4. All these files are free to
3) The best way to install Domenator is to copy Domenator.exe in a
subdirectory of a POV-RAY include directory; the .DOM files used to save
your work will be stored in this directory, and the .INC file in the Parent
directory (so in a POV-RAY include directory).
For instance :
If you copy Domenator.exe in the Domenator Directory, the .DOM files will be
stored in the same directory, and the INC files will be stored in myINCLUDE
(which is supposed to be in the search paths of POVRAY).
Let me know if you encounter any other bug, or if you think of interesting
Sorry for my lousy English ;((.
Post a reply to this message
Download 'Domenator.zip' (142 KB)