POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Photons - Please Test Server Time: 16 Dec 2018 01:29:04 GMT
  Photons - Please Test (Message 1 to 8 of 8)  
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Photons - Please Test
Date: 31 Mar 2018 18:04:50
Message: <5abfcdc2@news.povray.org>
How long do your computers take to create and save the photon map for
the attached scene?


---
Diese E-Mail wurde von AVG auf Viren geprüft.
http://www.avg.com


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'sl - mississippi paddle-wheel steamer.pov.txt' (125 KB)

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Photons - Please Test
Date: 31 Mar 2018 18:37:17
Message: <5abfd55d@news.povray.org>
Am 31.03.2018 um 20:04 schrieb Sven Littkowski:
> How long do your computers take to create and save the photon map for
> the attached scene?

Sven, you have a tendency to double-post messages with just trivial
changes. I recommend taking more time to think before hitting the "post"
button, and/or embrace more of a "fire and forget" attitude towards the
posts you've already sent (or maybe a "fire and remember" attitude if
the problem is that you sometimes forget that you've already posted the
message).


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Photons - Please Test
Date: 31 Mar 2018 18:52:25
Message: <5abfd8e9$1@news.povray.org>
On 31/03/2018 19:37, clipka wrote:
> if
> the problem is that you sometimes forget that you've already posted the
> message).


Maybe an echo effect due to the ganja. ;-)

-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Re: Photons - Please Test
Date: 1 Apr 2018 01:40:45
Message: <5ac0389d$1@news.povray.org>
No, a software problem. my newsgroup reader has since a few days a
problem: it does not show all my freshly-submitted threads or postings.
I thought them to be lost or never submitted, and that is why I posted
them again.

Trust me, I don't like to type everything twice or more times. I hope,
that software problem won't endure.

---
Diese E-Mail wurde von AVG auf Viren geprüft.
http://www.avg.com


Post a reply to this message

From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Re: Photons - Please Test
Date: 1 Apr 2018 01:41:43
Message: <5ac038d7$1@news.povray.org>
Hi. No, I posted it again, because my newsgroup reader did not show me
my first thread. I thought, it got lost or never submitted. I have that
problem since just a relatively short time. It is a software-related
problem. My apologies for the double-posting.

---
Diese E-Mail wurde von AVG auf Viren geprüft.
http://www.avg.com


Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: Photons - Please Test
Date: 1 Apr 2018 19:20:54
Message: <5ac13116@news.povray.org>
Le 18-03-31 à 21:40, Sven Littkowski a écrit :
> No, a software problem. my newsgroup reader has since a few days a
> problem: it does not show all my freshly-submitted threads or postings.
> I thought them to be lost or never submitted, and that is why I posted
> them again.
> 
> Trust me, I don't like to type everything twice or more times. I hope,
> that software problem won't endure.
> 
> ---
> Diese E-Mail wurde von AVG auf Viren geprüft.
> http://www.avg.com
> 

In that case, you only need to wait 20 to 30 minutes longer, untill your 
post do appears.


Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: Photons - Please Test
Date: 1 Apr 2018 19:24:57
Message: <5ac13209$1@news.povray.org>
Le 18-03-31 à 21:41, Sven Littkowski a écrit :
> Hi. No, I posted it again, because my newsgroup reader did not show me
> my first thread. I thought, it got lost or never submitted. I have that
> problem since just a relatively short time. It is a software-related
> problem. My apologies for the double-posting.
> 
> ---
> Diese E-Mail wurde von AVG auf Viren geprüft.
> http://www.avg.com
> 

Any post can take some time to appear after you hit the send button.

Your reader query the server every few minutes to see if there are any 
new posts. If you sent something just after that query, that won't show 
up for some time.

You can set your reader to check for new posts more often. It may also 
be possible to manualy force the reader to check or refresh the list.


Post a reply to this message

From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Re: Photons - Please Test
Date: 8 Apr 2018 00:30:28
Message: <5ac962a4$1@news.povray.org>
Giving now twice that attention each time I am posting...   :-)

---
Diese E-Mail wurde von AVG auf Viren geprüft.
http://www.avg.com


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.