POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glenfale DEM Server Time: 15 Dec 2019 20:26:16 GMT
  Glenfale DEM (Message 1 to 10 of 15)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: Melody
Subject: Glenfale DEM
Date: 25 Nov 2019 11:40:01
Message: <web.5ddbbcd981ecdcd39da690110@news.povray.org>
becomes a height_field

harder to survive here than Afghanistan


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'glenfale3.png' (301 KB)

Preview of image 'glenfale3.png'
glenfale3.png


 

From: Melody
Subject: Re: Glenfale DEM
Date: 25 Nov 2019 22:05:01
Message: <web.5ddc4fc3e25d925c9da690110@news.povray.org>
Glenfale Normalize, bias is -min_elevation

elev. min:        69.00000,

Height-field type (0) Actual heights (1) Normalized : 1
Enter elevation bias: -69
Enter default elevation (final output units) : 0

gradient y color_map in pov is 0 to 1


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'glenfale4.png' (329 KB)

Preview of image 'glenfale4.png'
glenfale4.png


 

From: Melody
Subject: Re: Glenfale DEM
Date: 27 Nov 2019 00:50:00
Message: <web.5dddc791e25d925c9da690110@news.povray.org>
Normalized Grand Canyon
"spatial resolution: 3 3 1"


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'gce.png' (266 KB)

Preview of image 'gce.png'
gce.png


 

From: Melody
Subject: Re: Glenfale DEM
Date: 27 Nov 2019 00:55:00
Message: <web.5dddc859e25d925c9da690110@news.povray.org>
spatial resolution:  30 30 1

DEM Header Format: New
[1&2] Map label: YELLOWSTONE POINT, WY-24000  LAT::   44  0  0.0000 N LONG::
-110  0  0.0000 W SCALE:: 24000 (SDTS2DEM v.0.018)


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'yellowstone.png' (178 KB)

Preview of image 'yellowstone.png'
yellowstone.png


 

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Glenfale DEM
Date: 27 Nov 2019 02:05:00
Message: <web.5dddd9bfe25d925c4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
These are really nice.

Several of us have been similarly frustrated over the years with the process of
finding and using elevation data for scenes.

Maybe you might find something useful here:

http://news.povray.org/povray.tools.general/thread/%3Cweb.5cd84d809bc00ee54eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E/

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.5ce356f7d68a971b4eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E/


Post a reply to this message

From: Gergely Szaktilla
Subject: Re: Glenfale DEM
Date: 27 Nov 2019 02:43:37
Message: <5ddde2d9$1@news.povray.org>
On 2019-11-27 03:04, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Maybe you might find something useful here:
>
http://news.povray.org/povray.tools.general/thread/%3Cweb.5cd84d809bc00ee54eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E/
>
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.5ce356f7d68a971b4eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E/

and here: <https://tangrams.github.io/heightmapper/>

Give it some time to load.

Gregor


Post a reply to this message

From: Gergely Szaktilla
Subject: Re: Glenfale DEM
Date: 27 Nov 2019 02:49:25
Message: <5ddde435$1@news.povray.org>
On 2019-11-27 03:43, Gergely Szaktilla wrote:
> On 2019-11-27 03:04, Bald Eagle wrote:
>> Maybe you might find something useful here:
>>
http://news.povray.org/povray.tools.general/thread/%3Cweb.5cd84d809bc00ee54eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E/
>>
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.5ce356f7d68a971b4eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E/
> 
> and here: <https://tangrams.github.io/heightmapper/>
> 
> Give it some time to load.
> 
> Gregor
> 

A few weeks ago I made http://test.szaktilla.de/nmz/

Gregor


Post a reply to this message

From: Melody
Subject: Re: Glenfale DEM
Date: 27 Nov 2019 02:55:01
Message: <web.5ddde468e25d925c9da690110@news.povray.org>
"Bald Eagle" <cre### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> These are really nice.
>
> Several of us have been similarly frustrated over the years with the process of
> finding and using elevation data for scenes.
>
> Maybe you might find something useful here:
>
>
http://news.povray.org/povray.tools.general/thread/%3Cweb.5cd84d809bc00ee54eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E/
>
>
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.5ce356f7d68a971b4eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E/

TGA header width = 468  height = 355
rather small, I wonder .... piece a bunch together? Hmmm...

..dem is only one megabyte, from webgis. - spaceRes 30 30 1
DEM Header Format: New
[1&2] Map label: GRIZZLY PEAK, CA-24000  LAT::   41  7 30.0000 N LONG:: -121
52 30.0000 W SCALE:: 24000   (C) www.webmet.com


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'shasta.png' (206 KB)

Preview of image 'shasta.png'
shasta.png


 

From: Melody
Subject: Re: Glenfale DEM
Date: 27 Nov 2019 04:30:00
Message: <web.5dddfb52e25d925c9da690110@news.povray.org>
> rather small, I wonder .... piece a bunch together? Hmmm...


pce("gerardridge.tga",-.5,1.9)
pce("lakemcloud.tga",-.5,.95)

pce("shasta.tga",-.5,0)    // Grizzly Peak

pce("deadhorsesummit.tga",-.5,-.95)
pce("pondosa.tga",-.5,-1.9)


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'shasta2.png' (149 KB)

Preview of image 'shasta2.png'
shasta2.png


 

From: Melody
Subject: Re: Glenfale DEM
Date: 27 Nov 2019 05:45:01
Message: <web.5dde0d34e25d925c9da690110@news.povray.org>
pce("gerardridge.tga",-.5,1.9)        pce("yellojacketmtn.tga",-1.45,1.9)
pce("lakemcloud.tga",-.5,.95)     pce("shoehorsemtn.tga",-1.45,.95)

pce("shasta.tga",-.5,0)   pce("bigbend.tga",-1.45,0)   // Grizzly Peak

pce("deadhorsesummit.tga",-.5,-.95)         pce("skunkridge.tga",-1.45,-.95)
pce("pondosa.tga",-.5,-1.9)               pce("burneyfalls.tga",-1.45,-1.9)


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'shasta10.png' (274 KB)

Preview of image 'shasta10.png'
shasta10.png


 

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.