POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : tree in 2017 Server Time: 19 Feb 2019 23:14:37 GMT
  tree in 2017 (Message 1 to 10 of 16)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: And
Subject: tree in 2017
Date: 14 Jan 2019 07:00:05
Message: <web.5c3c3244cf23c140191f56c90@news.povray.org>
Night and not sun


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'tree test2_1.png' (410 KB)

Preview of image 'tree test2_1.png'
tree test2_1.png


 

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: tree in 2017
Date: 14 Jan 2019 07:34:17
Message: <5c3c3b79$1@news.povray.org>
On 14-1-2019 7:55, And wrote:
> Night and not sun
> 

Nice!

[Beware! that lower branch is going to break off ;-)]

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Paolo Gibellini
Subject: Re: tree in 2017
Date: 14 Jan 2019 09:37:48
Message: <5c3c586c$1@news.povray.org>
And wrote on 14/01/2019 07:55:
> Night and not sun
> 

Ooh. Unsure of the green, but I like the composition a lot.
Paolo


Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Subject: Re: tree in 2017
Date: 14 Jan 2019 13:26:52
Message: <XnsA9D792F869547seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:web.5c3c3244cf23c140191f56c90@news.povray.org And wrote:

> Night and not sun

Very nice. It somehow has a silk screen print quality to it. The sphere is 
intruiging,

ingo


Post a reply to this message

From: And
Subject: Re: tree in 2017
Date: 15 Jan 2019 06:25:00
Message: <web.5c3d7bd9ac928fcf5634fe930@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> On 14-1-2019 7:55, And wrote:
> > Night and not sun
> >
>
> Nice!
>
> [Beware! that lower branch is going to break off ;-)]
>
> --
> Thomas

Generally speaking it doesn't.

I'm looking for a better(commercial) tree generator.


Post a reply to this message

From: And
Subject: Re: tree in 2017
Date: 15 Jan 2019 06:25:01
Message: <web.5c3d7c70ac928fcf5634fe930@news.povray.org>
Paolo Gibellini <p.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> And wrote on 14/01/2019 07:55:
> > Night and not sun
> >
>
> Ooh. Unsure of the green, but I like the composition a lot.
> Paolo

Religious meaning...?


Post a reply to this message

From: And
Subject: Re: tree in 2017
Date: 15 Jan 2019 06:30:00
Message: <web.5c3d7d75ac928fcf5634fe930@news.povray.org>
ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> in news:web.5c3c3244cf23c140191f56c90@news.povray.org And wrote:
>
> > Night and not sun
>
> Very nice. It somehow has a silk screen print quality to it. The sphere is
> intruiging,
>
> ingo

The sphere is very easy to create in fact. I forget the detail but it should be
a reddish emission media.


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: tree in 2017
Date: 15 Jan 2019 07:30:50
Message: <5c3d8c2a$1@news.povray.org>
On 15-1-2019 7:21, And wrote:
> Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
>> On 14-1-2019 7:55, And wrote:
>>> Night and not sun
>>>
>>
>> Nice!
>>
>> [Beware! that lower branch is going to break off ;-)]
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
> 
> Generally speaking it doesn't.

No, but this is a typical problem with POVtree.

> 
> I'm looking for a better(commercial) tree generator.
> 

Have you tried Arbaro? http://arbaro.sourceforge.net/

However, one of the best commercial ones is Xfrog I think. 
http://xfrog.com/category/XF.html

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: And
Subject: Re: tree in 2017
Date: 15 Jan 2019 12:35:00
Message: <web.5c3dd308ac928fcf5634fe930@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> On 15-1-2019 7:21, And wrote:
> > Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> >> On 14-1-2019 7:55, And wrote:
> >>> Night and not sun
> >>>
> >>
> >> Nice!
> >>
> >> [Beware! that lower branch is going to break off ;-)]
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thomas
> >
> > Generally speaking it doesn't.
>
> No, but this is a typical problem with POVtree.
>

> >
> > I'm looking for a better(commercial) tree generator.
> >
>
> Have you tried Arbaro? http://arbaro.sourceforge.net/
>

I used arbaro in fact. It sometimes has this problem, too.

And there is another problem about it. Its stems distributes on the
bigger(parent) stem is even distribution, but generally stems grows much dense
at end-part.



> However, one of the best commercial ones is Xfrog I think.
> http://xfrog.com/category/XF.html
>
> --
> Thomas

But I'm attracted by this:
https://www.thegrove3d.com/releases/the-grove-release-6/

Looks amazing


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: tree in 2017
Date: 16 Jan 2019 07:51:06
Message: <5c3ee26a$1@news.povray.org>
On 15-1-2019 13:33, And wrote:
> I used arbaro in fact. It sometimes has this problem, too.
> 
> And there is another problem about it. Its stems distributes on the
> bigger(parent) stem is even distribution, but generally stems grows much dense
> at end-part.
> 

Ah. I am not using Arbaro too often, so that is good to know.

> 
> 
> But I'm attracted by this:
> https://www.thegrove3d.com/releases/the-grove-release-6/
> 
> Looks amazing
> 

Indeed. I did not know that one. It also is reasonably priced. Only 
problem (for me) is that it seems to be Blender-based. That last one is 
still on my learning wish-list...

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.