POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Nuclear powerplant in the neighbourhood, after some upgrades Server Time: 14 Dec 2018 09:38:54 GMT
  Nuclear powerplant in the neighbourhood, after some upgrades (Message 1 to 10 of 16)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: Newt
Subject: Nuclear powerplant in the neighbourhood, after some upgrades
Date: 22 Aug 2018 09:15:03
Message: <web.5b7d291df510a028f92ea18a0@news.povray.org>



Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'powerplant.jpg' (2928 KB)

Preview of image 'powerplant.jpg'
powerplant.jpg


 

From: William F Pokorny
Subject: Re: Nuclear powerplant in the neighbourhood, after some upgrades
Date: 22 Aug 2018 13:32:11
Message: <5b7d65db@news.povray.org>
On 08/22/2018 05:13 AM, Newt wrote:

Cool. Is this an image which will be submitted to:

https://www.noaofarc.ca/en-us/gallery/noa/electricity-round

?

Reminds me of some of the Hot-rods I saw at the local car show this 
summer. :-)

Bill P.


Post a reply to this message

From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Subject: Re: Nuclear powerplant in the neighbourhood, after some upgrades
Date: 22 Aug 2018 14:57:49
Message: <5b7d79ed$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

Cool! Ammonia Avenue goes steampunk...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar


Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Nuclear powerplant in the neighbourhood, after some upgrades
Date: 22 Aug 2018 23:30:00
Message: <web.5b7df10792d15277458c7afe0@news.povray.org>
That's a lot of nicely textured parts there, friend.

Spend much time on that, did we?  :)

I like how it's emerging from the fog at the bottom - that could be 98% of it,
or that could only be the first 2%....

Did you use HDRI to illuminate that?   It looks excellent.


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Nuclear powerplant in the neighbourhood, after some upgrades
Date: 23 Aug 2018 06:21:56
Message: <5b7e5284@news.povray.org>
Very nice work. Excellent illumination and texturing. Curiosity: built 
entirely in POV-Ray? Blender? Other?

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Newt
Subject: Re: Nuclear powerplant in the neighbourhood, after some upgrades
Date: 23 Aug 2018 06:40:00
Message: <web.5b7e559d92d15277f92ea18a0@news.povray.org>
"Bald Eagle" <cre### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> That's a lot of nicely textured parts there, friend.
>
> Spend much time on that, did we?  :)
>
> I like how it's emerging from the fog at the bottom - that could be 98% of it,
> or that could only be the first 2%....
>
> Did you use HDRI to illuminate that?   It looks excellent.

Yes, quite some time...
Fog is painted with GIMP.
No HDRI, there is standard light_source and radiosity, however there are two
textured boxes with emission >1 in the background - but that affects only
reflections, I guess.


Post a reply to this message

From: Newt
Subject: Re: Nuclear powerplant in the neighbourhood, after some upgrades
Date: 23 Aug 2018 06:40:01
Message: <web.5b7e564d92d15277f92ea18a0@news.povray.org>
William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> On 08/22/2018 05:13 AM, Newt wrote:
>
> Cool. Is this an image which will be submitted to:
>
> https://www.noaofarc.ca/en-us/gallery/noa/electricity-round
>
> ?
>
> Reminds me of some of the Hot-rods I saw at the local car show this
> summer. :-)
>
> Bill P.

Tnx. Not sure what Noaofarc is about, but I will check it out...


Post a reply to this message

From: Newt
Subject: Re: Nuclear powerplant in the neighbourhood, after some upgrades
Date: 23 Aug 2018 06:50:00
Message: <web.5b7e582292d15277f92ea18a0@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
> Very nice work. Excellent illumination and texturing. Curiosity: built
> entirely in POV-Ray? Blender? Other?
>
> --
> Thomas

With exception of those white "jet" cones, its all POV-Ray...
And those could be easily made with lathe object.
GIMP for smoke.


Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Nuclear powerplant in the neighbourhood, after some upgrades
Date: 23 Aug 2018 10:19:32
Message: <5b7e8a34$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.08.2018 um 08:35 schrieb Newt:

> No HDRI, there is standard light_source and radiosity, however there are two
> textured boxes with emission >1 in the background - but that affects only
> reflections, I guess.

Such emissive stuff does affect both reflections and radiosity.


Post a reply to this message

From: Newt
Subject: Re: Nuclear powerplant in the neighbourhood, after some upgrades
Date: 23 Aug 2018 10:50:00
Message: <web.5b7e911892d15277f92ea18a0@news.povray.org>
clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> Am 23.08.2018 um 08:35 schrieb Newt:
>
> > No HDRI, there is standard light_source and radiosity, however there are two
> > textured boxes with emission >1 in the background - but that affects only
> > reflections, I guess.
>
> Such emissive stuff does affect both reflections and radiosity.

Sure. I meant affecting non-reflective surfaces in any tangible way, that one
would actually notice... In other words, if light_source is removed, this scene
would be almost black...


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.