POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RMS Titanic Server Time: 23 Oct 2019 02:33:59 GMT
  RMS Titanic (Message 1 to 10 of 118)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Ton
Subject: RMS Titanic
Date: 13 Jun 2018 03:00:01
Message: <web.5b20886bc7dc0585ba5d98ef0@news.povray.org>
I have been modelling the Titanic for a couple of weeks now, and thought let's
show it to the professionals.
As you can tell, it ain't finished yet, that will be a while, I think.
I will post more images after some real progress.
Cheers
Ton.


Post a reply to this message

From: Ton
Subject: Re: RMS Titanic
Date: 13 Jun 2018 03:10:02
Message: <web.5b208a7470fe5398ba5d98ef0@news.povray.org>
"Ton" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I have been modelling the Titanic for a couple of weeks now, and thought let's
> show it to the professionals.
> As you can tell, it ain't finished yet, that will be a while, I think.
> I will post more images after some real progress.
> Cheers
> Ton.

Attachment 'Forum1.png' (862132 bytes)
Don't know why the image doesn't show.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'forum1.png' (842 KB)

Preview of image 'forum1.png'
forum1.png


 

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: RMS Titanic
Date: 13 Jun 2018 06:35:29
Message: <5b20bb31$1@news.povray.org>
On 13-6-2018 5:09, Ton wrote:
> "Ton" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> I have been modelling the Titanic for a couple of weeks now, and thought let's
>> show it to the professionals.
>> As you can tell, it ain't finished yet, that will be a while, I think.
>> I will post more images after some real progress.
>> Cheers
>> Ton.
> 
> Attachment 'Forum1.png' (862132 bytes)
> Don't know why the image doesn't show.
> 
> 

That is a huge project indeed. Interesting to note that you start with 
the upper deck, then going downwards, I presume? What is your building 
method: csg I presume? combination with mesh2?

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Ton
Subject: Re: RMS Titanic
Date: 13 Jun 2018 08:35:01
Message: <web.5b20d67970fe5398ba5d98ef0@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
>
> That is a huge project indeed. Interesting to note that you start with
> the upper deck, then going downwards, I presume? What is your building
> method: csg I presume? combination with mesh2?
>
> --
> Thomas

I started with the boatdeck and Adeck because these are the most interesting for
modelling. Below are the Bdeck, with the the forecastle and the afterdeck, Cdeck
with the cranes, and then the hull downwards. The hull might become a mesh, or a
combination of bicubic patches. Don't know yet.
Everything, sofar, is csg. The only mesh2 is the profile of the benches.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'forum2.png' (842 KB)

Preview of image 'forum2.png'
forum2.png


 

From: Ton
Subject: Re: RMS Titanic
Date: 15 Jun 2018 00:10:01
Message: <web.5b2302fc70fe5398ba5d98ef0@news.povray.org>
Here is an image of the bridge and officers quarters.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'forum3.png' (843 KB)

Preview of image 'forum3.png'
forum3.png


 

From: jr
Subject: Re: RMS Titanic
Date: 17 Jun 2018 00:15:01
Message: <web.5b25a74d70fe5398635cc5ad0@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Ton" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Here is an image of the bridge and officers quarters.

just to say looks nice, and knowing it's all CSG somehow makes it even more
pleasing to look at.  :-)  interested to see further stages.


regards, jr.


Post a reply to this message

From: Ton
Subject: Re: RMS Titanic
Date: 22 Jun 2018 10:05:01
Message: <web.5b2cc97e70fe5398524ae6190@news.povray.org>
Thanks jr

Here is a picture of the second class entrance on boat deck. This one is
finished, so I will move forwards and start finishing of the superstructure.
This image was rendered with uberpov, so the deck pattern looks OK.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'forum4.png' (1002 KB)

Preview of image 'forum4.png'
forum4.png


 

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: RMS Titanic
Date: 22 Jun 2018 11:03:54
Message: <5b2cd79a$1@news.povray.org>
On 22-6-2018 12:03, Ton wrote:
> Thanks jr
> 
> Here is a picture of the second class entrance on boat deck. This one is
> finished, so I will move forwards and start finishing of the superstructure.
> This image was rendered with uberpov, so the deck pattern looks OK.
> 
> 

Very good indeed. Well done.

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Subject: Re: RMS Titanic
Date: 22 Jun 2018 23:31:57
Message: <5b2d86ed$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 22.06.2018 12:03, Ton wrote:

> Here is a picture of the second class entrance on boat deck. This one is
> finished, so I will move forwards and start finishing of the superstructure.
> This image was rendered with uberpov, so the deck pattern looks OK.
> 
> 
Looks neat!

An obvious, but perhaps grossly inappropriate question: do you plan to 
sink your Titanic in the end?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: RMS Titanic
Date: 25 Jun 2018 09:04:46
Message: <5b30b02e@news.povray.org>
On 22/06/2018 11:03, Ton wrote:
> Thanks jr
> 
> Here is a picture of the second class entrance on boat deck. This one is
> finished, so I will move forwards and start finishing of the superstructure.
> This image was rendered with uberpov, so the deck pattern looks OK.
> 
> 

This is coming along really well.

One very small thing that grabbed my notice are the external door 
handles. In the couple of photographs I could find. They were round like 
doorknobs. A couple of photos here
https://rmstitanichotel.co.uk/best-photographs-titanic/

I hope you don't mind me mentioning.

-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.