POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Probe Interface Server Time: 25 Feb 2017 14:03:42 GMT
  The Probe Interface (Message 1 to 7 of 7)  
From: Pekka Aho
Subject: The Probe Interface
Date: 6 Feb 2017 16:35:01
Message: <web.5898a5535b649850ec042d970@news.povray.org>
Accessing the probe interface.

:)


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'sr_maintenance_probe_descr.png' (1200 KB)

Preview of image 'sr_maintenance_probe_descr.png'
sr_maintenance_probe_descr.png


 

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: The Probe Interface
Date: 6 Feb 2017 16:54:12
Message: <5898aa34$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/6/2017 4:33 PM, Pekka Aho wrote:
> Accessing the probe interface.
>
> :)
>

There is something slightly disturbing about these images.

Keep it up. :-)

-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: The Probe Interface
Date: 7 Feb 2017 07:40:56
Message: <58997a08$1@news.povray.org>
On 6-2-2017 17:54, Stephen wrote:
> On 2/6/2017 4:33 PM, Pekka Aho wrote:
>> Accessing the probe interface.
>>
>> :)
>>
>
> There is something slightly disturbing about these images.

Yes indeed! For a second, I thought I saw something moving in the dark 
background when I opened the image.

>
> Keep it up. :-)
>

Yes! Please do!

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Mr
Subject: Re: The Probe Interface
Date: 7 Feb 2017 09:00:01
Message: <web.58998b98145c101e16086ed00@news.povray.org>
"Pekka Aho" <pek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Accessing the probe interface.
>
> :)

I like the composition *a lot*, to nitpick for improvements hoping it's not too
late for that? I would expect a little more differences between the texture
normal and specularity of the black tentacular thing and those of surrounding
rocks if they are of different matters, aren't they?


Post a reply to this message

From: Pekka Aho
Subject: Re: The Probe Interface
Date: 7 Feb 2017 12:50:00
Message: <web.5899be15145c101eed9f7b990@news.povray.org>
Cheers all! :)

"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I like the composition *a lot*, to nitpick for improvements hoping it's not too
> late for that? I would expect a little more differences between the texture
> normal and specularity of the black tentacular thing and those of surrounding
> rocks if they are of different matters, aren't they?

Thanks! \o/

The tentale creature is actually a maintenance interface for probes down in the
hangar deck of the starship, and is made of the same substance as the ship
itself, even though differing just slightly in appearance. The ship, the
equipment and even the encountersuit-like body of the protagonist are
fungal-based life-forms/structures/constructions that are augmented
synthetically through a matter I call simply "resource", that is a valuable
subject in desperate demand in this particular lore/universe. All in all, I try
not to explaing too much about ie. physics, matter or how things work, as
personally I like some mystery factor in it all, thus everything is - or at
least tries to be - about weird and unknown stuff happening around somewhere far
out in a distant space, hehe. :)


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: The Probe Interface
Date: 8 Feb 2017 07:48:19
Message: <589acd43$1@news.povray.org>
On 7-2-2017 13:45, Pekka Aho wrote:
> Cheers all! :)
>
[snip] .... All in all, I try
> not to explaing too much about ie. physics, matter or how things work, as
> personally I like some mystery factor in it all, thus everything is - or at
> least tries to be - about weird and unknown stuff happening around somewhere far
> out in a distant space, hehe. :)
>

And keep it that way, please! :-) This is truly alien indeed.

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Paolo Gibellini
Subject: Re: The Probe Interface
Date: 8 Feb 2017 08:27:57
Message: <589ad68d$1@news.povray.org>
Pekka Aho wrote on 06/02/2017 17:33:
> Accessing the probe interface.
>
> :)
>
O-ho, that's one is scary!
;-)
Paolo


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.