POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : feature test Server Time: 19 Feb 2019 23:57:29 GMT
  feature test (Message 1 to 8 of 8)  
From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: feature test
Date: 13 Jan 2019 12:54:49
Message: <5c3b3519@news.povray.org>
i'm still working out some of the remaining lighting challenges with 
this one... using 3 point lighting and light groups instead of 
radiosity. the pavement pattern on the backdrop was a fun puzzle.

credit for the test object: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1146870


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'metatron.jpg' (950 KB)

Preview of image 'metatron.jpg'
metatron.jpg


 

From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Re: feature test
Date: 13 Jan 2019 12:57:05
Message: <5c3b35a1$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/13/19 7:54 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> i'm still working out some of the remaining lighting challenges with 
> this one... using 3 point lighting and light groups instead of 
> radiosity. the pavement pattern on the backdrop was a fun puzzle.
> 
> credit for the test object: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1146870
> 

forgot to add that i'm a +am3 fan... nice addition


Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: feature test
Date: 13 Jan 2019 14:19:42
Message: <5c3b48fe$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.01.2019 um 13:57 schrieb Jim Holsenback:

> forgot to add that i'm a +am3 fan... nice addition

I love that you folks love it ;)

Also, nice work there, given that no radiosities were harmed in the 
making of the image.


Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Re: feature test
Date: 7 Feb 2019 12:34:49
Message: <5c5c25e9@news.povray.org>
On 1/13/19 7:57 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 1/13/19 7:54 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
>> i'm still working out some of the remaining lighting challenges with 
>> this one... using 3 point lighting and light groups instead of 
>> radiosity. the pavement pattern on the backdrop was a fun puzzle.
>>
>> credit for the test object: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1146870
>>
> 
> forgot to add that i'm a +am3 fan... nice addition

soft shadows /without/ area lights...less busy backdrop and i couldn't 
decide if i liked round or square pedestal


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'work.png' (2171 KB)

Preview of image 'work.png'
work.png


 

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: feature test
Date: 8 Feb 2019 01:55:01
Message: <web.5c5ce1549266c8ee765e06870@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback <ash### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

> soft shadows /without/ area lights...less busy backdrop and i couldn't
> decide if i liked round or square pedestal

Hey now - that looks really nice.

It's got that weird "soft" texture like it's been carved from graphite.
I'd publish that as part of a future official rlease .inc file   :)

texture {Graphite1}     [thumbs up]


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: feature test
Date: 8 Feb 2019 07:49:03
Message: <5c5d346f$1@news.povray.org>
On 8-2-2019 2:54, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Jim Holsenback <ash### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
> 
>> soft shadows /without/ area lights...less busy backdrop and i couldn't
>> decide if i liked round or square pedestal
> 
> Hey now - that looks really nice.
> 
> It's got that weird "soft" texture like it's been carved from graphite.
> I'd publish that as part of a future official rlease .inc file   :)
> 
> texture {Graphite1}     [thumbs up]
> 

I fully agree with my learned friend.

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Re: feature test
Date: 8 Feb 2019 11:47:06
Message: <5c5d6c3a$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/7/19 8:54 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Jim Holsenback <ash### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
> 
>> soft shadows /without/ area lights...less busy backdrop and i couldn't
>> decide if i liked round or square pedestal
> 
> Hey now - that looks really nice.

glad you liked it

> 
> It's got that weird "soft" texture like it's been carved from graphite.
> I'd publish that as part of a future official rlease .inc file   :)

well i don't know about that... i can't think of anything in this one 
that wasn't picked up here in the ng

> 
> texture {Graphite1}     [thumbs up]
>


Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Re: feature test
Date: 8 Feb 2019 11:52:24
Message: <5c5d6d78$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/8/19 2:48 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 8-2-2019 2:54, Bald Eagle wrote:
>> Jim Holsenback <ash### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>>
>>> soft shadows /without/ area lights...less busy backdrop and i couldn't
>>> decide if i liked round or square pedestal
>>
>> Hey now - that looks really nice.
>>
>> It's got that weird "soft" texture like it's been carved from graphite.
>> I'd publish that as part of a future official rlease .inc file   :)
>>
>> texture {Graphite1}     [thumbs up]
>>
> 
> I fully agree with my learned friend.
> 

thanks... i think this one is ready to toss over to my render box. i'm 
not going to change a thing. just double the focal blur samples and up 
the resolution


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.