POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hilbert2d utility Server Time: 18 Jun 2019 17:41:26 GMT
  hilbert2d utility (Message 1 to 10 of 42)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: jr
Subject: hilbert2d utility
Date: 3 May 2018 15:50:38
Message: <5aeb2fce@news.povray.org>
see message in p.b.utilities


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'diffuse_back2.png' (301 KB)
Download 'grenadine2.png' (215 KB)

Preview of image 'diffuse_back2.png'
diffuse_back2.png

Preview of image 'grenadine2.png'
grenadine2.png


 

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: hilbert2d utility
Date: 3 May 2018 17:05:42
Message: <5aeb4166@news.povray.org>
On 03/05/2018 16:50, jr wrote:
> see message in p.b.utilities
> 

I have been playing with the spheresweep output. As I try to trace() a 
grass landscape with a path of flowers following a Hilbert Curve.


-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'hilbertflowers_3a1b1mm_0000.png' (1353 KB)
Download 'hilbertflowers_3b2m_0000.png' (1326 KB)

Preview of image 'hilbertflowers_3a1b1mm_0000.png'
hilbertflowers_3a1b1mm_0000.png

Preview of image 'hilbertflowers_3b2m_0000.png'
hilbertflowers_3b2m_0000.png


 

From: Paolo Gibellini
Subject: Re: hilbert2d utility
Date: 7 May 2018 10:16:14
Message: <5af0276e$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote on 03/05/2018 19:05:
> On 03/05/2018 16:50, jr wrote:
>> see message in p.b.utilities
>>
> 
> I have been playing with the spheresweep output. As I try to trace() a 
> grass landscape with a path of flowers following a Hilbert Curve.
> 
> 
Both interesting concepts.
Paolo


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: hilbert2d utility
Date: 7 May 2018 11:54:59
Message: <5af03e93$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/05/2018 11:16, Paolo Gibellini wrote:
> Stephen wrote on 03/05/2018 19:05:
>> On 03/05/2018 16:50, jr wrote:
>>> see message in p.b.utilities
>>>
>>
>> I have been playing with the spheresweep output. As I try to trace() a 
>> grass landscape with a path of flowers following a Hilbert Curve.
>>
>>
> Both interesting concepts.


I thought so. If I come up with anything I'll post an image.


-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: hilbert2d utility
Date: 7 May 2018 14:10:01
Message: <web.5af05db8ff7db64cc437ac910@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 07/05/2018 11:16, Paolo Gibellini wrote:
> > Stephen wrote on 03/05/2018 19:05:
> >> On 03/05/2018 16:50, jr wrote:
> >>> see message in p.b.utilities
> >>>
> >>
> >> I have been playing with the spheresweep output. As I try to trace() a
> >> grass landscape with a path of flowers following a Hilbert Curve.

This would work well with Kenneth's "sideways heightfield" city building concept
to make shrubs or a hedge maze.

And,
If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed, now.


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: hilbert2d utility
Date: 7 May 2018 14:53:50
Message: <5af0687e$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/05/2018 15:07, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> On 07/05/2018 11:16, Paolo Gibellini wrote:
>>> Stephen wrote on 03/05/2018 19:05:
>>>> On 03/05/2018 16:50, jr wrote:
>>>>> see message in p.b.utilities
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I have been playing with the spheresweep output. As I try to trace() a
>>>> grass landscape with a path of flowers following a Hilbert Curve.
> 
> This would work well with Kenneth's "sideways heightfield" city building concept
> to make shrubs or a hedge maze.
> 

There is already an Ivy generator. But you could grow moss or lichen 
over a building.


> And,
> If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed, now.
> 

If there is. Then the bugs in my code could wear it. :)
Might even eat it. Because on several occasions they have eaten all my 
RAM. :(

Which means I am restarting from step 2.

Loops, my version of the perpetual motion machine.

-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: hilbert2d utility
Date: 8 May 2018 12:58:24
Message: <5af19ef0@news.povray.org>
On 07/05/2018 15:53, Stephen wrote:
> Which means I am restarting from step 2.

Still not happy with it. I'm sure there is something wrong with the 
scene code. PovRay 3.7 does not release the memory. PovRay 3.8 does.

But I am moving on.



-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'hilbertflowers_4c2a1m4_0000.png' (2338 KB)

Preview of image 'hilbertflowers_4c2a1m4_0000.png'
hilbertflowers_4c2a1m4_0000.png


 

From: clipka
Subject: Re: hilbert2d utility
Date: 9 May 2018 11:19:09
Message: <5af2d92d@news.povray.org>
Am 08.05.2018 um 14:58 schrieb Stephen:
> On 07/05/2018 15:53, Stephen wrote:
>> Which means I am restarting from step 2.
> 
> Still not happy with it. I'm sure there is something wrong with the
> scene code. PovRay 3.7 does not release the memory. PovRay 3.8 does.

Doesn't have to be buggy scene code. POV-Ray v3.7 wasn't perfect.
POV-Ray v3.8 is...















... a bit better.


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: hilbert2d utility
Date: 9 May 2018 12:27:47
Message: <5af2e943$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/05/2018 12:19, clipka wrote:
> Am 08.05.2018 um 14:58 schrieb Stephen:
>> On 07/05/2018 15:53, Stephen wrote:
>>> Which means I am restarting from step 2.
>>
>> Still not happy with it. I'm sure there is something wrong with the
>> scene code. PovRay 3.7 does not release the memory. PovRay 3.8 does.
> 
> Doesn't have to be buggy scene code. POV-Ray v3.7 wasn't perfect.
> POV-Ray v3.8 is...
> 
> 

Tada!



> 
> 
> 
> 
> 

I don't read below the line. ;-)
> 
> 
> 
There is something wrong with the code. There is a wayward "{" or "}" 
somewhere. I have to comment a "}" out to get it working.

While I am at it and before I forget. Is there something in the Windoze 
editor that gets confused when /* ... */ comments are nested?
Ctrl + ] doesn't always work as I expect.
But then that could be me. It so often is.


> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> .... a bit better.
> 


-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: hilbert2d utility
Date: 9 May 2018 13:28:08
Message: <5af2f768$1@news.povray.org>
Am 09.05.2018 um 14:27 schrieb Stephen:

> While I am at it and before I forget. Is there something in the Windoze
> editor that gets confused when /* ... */ comments are nested?
> Ctrl + ] doesn't always work as I expect.
> But then that could be me. It so often is.

While POV-Ray's parser allows comments to be nested, the 3rd party
editor component isn't designed to accomodate for that.

So for example,

    /*a/*b*/c*/

to POV-Ray is a comment containing `a/*b*/c` (the portion `/*b*/` being
a nested comment), while to the editor it is a comment containing `a/*b`
(the `/*` being nothing special) followed by a separate `c*/` outside
the comment.


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.