POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Finish-level Fresnel Server Time: 27 Mar 2017 02:48:00 GMT
  Finish-level Fresnel (Message 1 to 8 of 8)  
From: clipka
Subject: Finish-level Fresnel
Date: 21 Dec 2016 09:06:04
Message: <585a45fc@news.povray.org>
Demonstrating newest incarnation of finish-level `fresnel` parameter (to
be pushed to GitHub later today), wich now also accounts for the Fresnel
effect in emission (demonstrated here) and ambient (not shown, but same
deal).

One image shows old-fashioned reflection-block `fresnel` only, while the
other shows off finish-level `fresnel`.


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'finish_fresnel_off.png' (92 KB)
Download 'finish_fresnel_on.png' (124 KB)

Preview of image 'finish_fresnel_off.png'
finish_fresnel_off.png

Preview of image 'finish_fresnel_on.png'
finish_fresnel_on.png


 

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Finish-level Fresnel
Date: 21 Dec 2016 10:19:43
Message: <585a573f$1@news.povray.org>
Am 21.12.2016 um 10:06 schrieb clipka:
> Demonstrating newest incarnation of finish-level `fresnel` parameter (to
> be pushed to GitHub later today), wich now also accounts for the Fresnel
> effect in emission (demonstrated here) and ambient (not shown, but same
> deal).

Available now on GitHub:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-alpha.8927145


Post a reply to this message

From: jhu
Subject: Re: Finish-level Fresnel
Date: 21 Dec 2016 16:00:00
Message: <web.585aa69a66b60a14194284cc0@news.povray.org>
clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> Demonstrating newest incarnation of finish-level `fresnel` parameter (to
> be pushed to GitHub later today), wich now also accounts for the Fresnel
> effect in emission (demonstrated here) and ambient (not shown, but same
> deal).
>
> One image shows old-fashioned reflection-block `fresnel` only, while the
> other shows off finish-level `fresnel`.

That looks nice, but what does it look like in text-mode render?


Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Finish-level Fresnel
Date: 21 Dec 2016 16:38:21
Message: <585aaffd$1@news.povray.org>
Am 21.12.2016 um 16:58 schrieb jhu:
> clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>> Demonstrating newest incarnation of finish-level `fresnel` parameter (to
>> be pushed to GitHub later today), wich now also accounts for the Fresnel
>> effect in emission (demonstrated here) and ambient (not shown, but same
>> deal).
>>
>> One image shows old-fashioned reflection-block `fresnel` only, while the
>> other shows off finish-level `fresnel`.
> 
> That looks nice, but what does it look like in text-mode render?

You know which part of my body you can kiss? :P


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Finish-level Fresnel
Date: 21 Dec 2016 17:15:37
Message: <585ab8b9$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/21/2016 4:38 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 21.12.2016 um 16:58 schrieb jhu:

>>
>> That looks nice, but what does it look like in text-mode render?
>
> You know which part of my body you can kiss? :P
>

Knuckles? Forehead? Toes?


-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: Finish-level Fresnel
Date: 21 Dec 2016 20:42:44
Message: <585ae944@news.povray.org>
Le 16-12-21 à 12:15, Stephen a écrit :
> On 12/21/2016 4:38 PM, clipka wrote:
>> Am 21.12.2016 um 16:58 schrieb jhu:
>
>>>
>>> That looks nice, but what does it look like in text-mode render?
>>
>> You know which part of my body you can kiss? :P
>>
>
> Knuckles? Forehead? Toes?
>
>

My guess would be about mid-point between forehead and toes, with a half 
turn :P

---
L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel
antivirus Avast.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Finish-level Fresnel
Date: 21 Dec 2016 20:50:35
Message: <585aeb1b$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/21/2016 8:43 PM, Alain wrote:
> Le 16-12-21 à 12:15, Stephen a écrit :
>> On 12/21/2016 4:38 PM, clipka wrote:
>>> Am 21.12.2016 um 16:58 schrieb jhu:
>>
>>>>
>>>> That looks nice, but what does it look like in text-mode render?
>>>
>>> You know which part of my body you can kiss? :P
>>>
>>
>> Knuckles? Forehead? Toes?
>>
>>
>
> My guess would be about mid-point between forehead and toes, with a half
> turn :P
>
> ---
> L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le
> logiciel antivirus Avast.
> https://www.avast.com/antivirus
>


A quarter turn at high velocity would be as effective if you can get the 
timing right. ;)

-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: INVALID ADDRESS
Subject: Re: Finish-level Fresnel
Date: 30 Dec 2016 03:07:58
Message: <53907510.504759556.933867.gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom@news.povray.org>
clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> Demonstrating newest incarnation of finish-level `fresnel` parameter (to
> be pushed to GitHub later today), wich now also accounts for the Fresnel
> effect in emission (demonstrated here) and ambient (not shown, but same
> deal).
> 
> One image shows old-fashioned reflection-block `fresnel` only, while the
> other shows off finish-level `fresnel`.
> 
> 
> 

Very cool!

Looking forward to the next things you have up your sleeve.

Ian


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.