I've finally got around to experimenting with HDR images for lighting a
The scene was created in the following way:
1) Created Stormtrooper mini-figure model in MLCAD using LDraw parts
2) Used LdrDat2Dxf to export the model to Autocad DXF format
3) Loaded model in PoseRay and used Subdivide feature to round off the
helmet (it was slightly angular following DXF conversion).
4) Exported the model from PoseRay in POV-Ray
5) Replaced some of the PoseRay colour defintions with colours from LGEO
Libray Include File
6) Grabbed some HDR files from http://ict.debevec.org/~debevec/Probes
and mapped these onto a sphere to light the scene.
I think the stormtrooper looks a bit too shiny so I need to dull the
I will be adding the POV-Ray source and related downloads to my website
Any suggestions welcome.
Bye for now
reu### [at] pearsecouk
Download 3D Lego models and other resources from:
Post a reply to this message
Download 'stormtrooper_pov_scene.png' (177 KB)
Preview of image 'stormtrooper_pov_scene.png'