POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Escher impossible shapes Server Time: 9 Aug 2020 14:27:04 GMT
  Escher impossible shapes (Message 1 to 10 of 12)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 2 Messages >>>
From: Robert Goss
Subject: Escher impossible shapes
Date: 14 Aug 2006 19:45:00
Message: <web.44e0d225ee92005825954dfe0@news.povray.org>
I made up a simple macro which turns a network of points into a Escher style
impossible shape. The effect is not perfect but in some cases very nice.

I thought I would share the resulting images and see if any one had any
suggestions for improvements to them.

Also would anyone be interested in the macro I just made it up as I thought
it would be interesting.

Robert


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'network4_2.jpg' (473 KB)

Preview of image 'network4_2.jpg'
network4_2.jpg


 

From: Urs Holzer
Subject: Re: Escher impossible shapes
Date: 14 Aug 2006 20:01:54
Message: <44e0d6b2@news.povray.org>
Robert Goss wrote:
> I made up a simple macro which turns a network of points into a Escher
> style impossible shape. The effect is not perfect but in some cases
> very nice.
> 
> I thought I would share the resulting images and see if any one had
> any suggestions for improvements to them.
> 
> Also would anyone be interested in the macro I just made it up as I
> thought it would be interesting.

Would it be possible to animate such an object with your macro? For
example, rotating it? I'm looking for something like this!

Anyway, great image!


Post a reply to this message

From: Robert Goss
Subject: Re: Escher impossible shapes
Date: 14 Aug 2006 20:25:00
Message: <web.44e0dbc27c259f4625954dfe0@news.povray.org>
Urs Holzer <urs### [at] andonyarcom> wrote:
>
> Would it be possible to animate such an object with your macro? For
> example, rotating it? I'm looking for something like this!
>
> Anyway, great image!

Yes it is possible to rotate an object and animate it rotate and position it
with the macro some angle give problems but only a few and I am re-writing
the macro to get around this and imporve efficency.

Robert


Post a reply to this message

From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: Escher impossible shapes
Date: 14 Aug 2006 20:47:02
Message: <44e0e146@news.povray.org>
Robert Goss wrote:
> 
> I thought I would share the resulting images and see if any one had any
> suggestions for improvements to them.
> 

Eww, these really hurt tired eyes :O. Nice job.

-- 
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net
      aer### [at] removethiszbxtnetinvalid


Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Escher impossible shapes
Date: 14 Aug 2006 22:20:54
Message: <pan.2006.08.14.22.20.53.777137@nospam.com>
*Very* nice....would love to see the code for these. :-)

Jim


Post a reply to this message

From: John
Subject: Re: Escher impossible shapes
Date: 15 Aug 2006 06:56:12
Message: <evr2e2pvukij62grdvjm28ie4gnfd59p0a@4ax.com>
On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:23:30 EDT, "Robert Goss"
<gos### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

>Urs Holzer <urs### [at] andonyarcom> wrote:
>>
>> Would it be possible to animate such an object with your macro? For
>> example, rotating it? I'm looking for something like this!
>>
>> Anyway, great image!
>
>Yes it is possible to rotate an object and animate it rotate and position it
>with the macro some angle give problems but only a few and I am re-writing
>the macro to get around this and imporve efficency.
>
>Robert
>
I would certainly like to see this macro when you have finished it

John


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Escher impossible shapes
Date: 15 Aug 2006 07:05:54
Message: <44e17252$1@news.povray.org>
<Joh### [at] worldcom> schreef in bericht 
news:evr2e2pvukij62grdvjm28ie4gnfd59p0a@4ax.com...
>>
> I would certainly like to see this macro when you have finished it
>

Me too!!  :-)
Good work, Robert!

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: hermans
Subject: Re: Escher impossible shapes
Date: 15 Aug 2006 07:40:10
Message: <44e17a5a$1@news.povray.org>
Robert,

Very interesting!
As I have a page http://cage.ugent.be/~hs/tribar/ on my site concerning 
Penrose's impossible triangle using povray, I'm interested in the macro.

Herman

http://cage.ugent.be/~hs/

Robert Goss schreef:
> I made up a simple macro which turns a network of points into a Escher style
> impossible shape. The effect is not perfect but in some cases very nice.
> 
> I thought I would share the resulting images and see if any one had any
> suggestions for improvements to them.
> 
> Also would anyone be interested in the macro I just made it up as I thought
> it would be interesting.
> 
> Robert


Post a reply to this message

From: Jellby
Subject: Re: Escher impossible shapes
Date: 15 Aug 2006 17:40:04
Message: <moc9r3-78r.ln1@badulaque.unex.es>
Among other things, hermans saw fit to write:

> As I have a page http://cage.ugent.be/~hs/tribar/ on my site concerning
> Penrose's impossible triangle using povray, I'm interested in the macro.

Look at my signature! (if you haven't already).

-- 
light_source{9+9*x,1}camera{orthographic look_at(1-y)/4angle 30location
9/4-z*4}light_source{-9*z,1}union{box{.9-z.1+x clipped_by{plane{2+y-4*x
0}}}box{z-y-.1.1+z}box{-.1.1+x}box{.1z-.1}pigment{rgb<.8.2,1>}}//Jellby


Post a reply to this message

From: hermans
Subject: Re: Escher impossible shapes
Date: 16 Aug 2006 10:52:23
Message: <44e2f8e7$1@news.povray.org>
Hello Jellby,
I looked at your signature and indeed: that's a very short and nice code 
for the tribar!
Jellby schreef:
> Among other things, hermans saw fit to write:
> 
>> As I have a page http://cage.ugent.be/~hs/tribar/ on my site concerning
>> Penrose's impossible triangle using povray, I'm interested in the macro.
> 
> Look at my signature! (if you haven't already).
>


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 2 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.