POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IsoBonds (40KB) Server Time: 19 Feb 2019 23:32:42 GMT
  IsoBonds (40KB) (Message 1 to 7 of 7)  
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: IsoBonds (40KB)
Date: 1 Dec 2001 02:40:03
Message: <3C084207.76FB829F@hotmail.com>
This image was rendered with radiosity in v3.5.
(There's also some focal blur, but I regret that.)
The texture is just a plain pigment. (Because real
textures are slow when experimenting with isos.)

I have adjusted the tonal balance with Micrografx
Picture Publisher afterwards.

The shape was "modelled" with a similar technique as I
described in my post; "How to transform and blob
together iso-shapes in v3.5" 1. Oct. 2001:
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/18830/
http://news.povray.org/3BB8D35B.BB527254%40hotmail.com

Also see my "OtherBonds" image, 17. Feb. 2001:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/13586/
http://news.povray.org/3A8EF8E9.FB1DBEC7%40hotmail.com


Tor Olav


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'multirotiso02_03_04.jpg' (40 KB)

Preview of image 'multirotiso02_03_04.jpg'
multirotiso02_03_04.jpg


 

From: blessing
Subject: Re: IsoBonds (40KB)
Date: 1 Dec 2001 03:19:33
Message: <3c084c45@news.povray.org>
I absolutely love it.

Gary

Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:3C084207.76FB829F@hotmail.com...
>
> This image was rendered with radiosity in v3.5.
> (There's also some focal blur, but I regret that.)
> The texture is just a plain pigment. (Because real
> textures are slow when experimenting with isos.)
>
> I have adjusted the tonal balance with Micrografx
> Picture Publisher afterwards.
>
> The shape was "modelled" with a similar technique as I
> described in my post; "How to transform and blob
> together iso-shapes in v3.5" 1. Oct. 2001:
> http://news.povray.org/povray.general/18830/
> http://news.povray.org/3BB8D35B.BB527254%40hotmail.com
>
> Also see my "OtherBonds" image, 17. Feb. 2001:
> http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/13586/
> http://news.povray.org/3A8EF8E9.FB1DBEC7%40hotmail.com
>
>
> Tor Olav


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----


Post a reply to this message

From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: Re: IsoBonds (40KB)
Date: 1 Dec 2001 04:07:40
Message: <3C085699.2EC70A75@hotmail.com>
blessing wrote:
> 
> I absolutely love it.
> 
> Gary

Thank you very much.


Tor Olav


Post a reply to this message

From: Steve
Subject: Re: IsoBonds (40KB)
Date: 1 Dec 2001 20:34:36
Message: <slrna0ienh.gmg.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:35:51 +0100, Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

>Also see my "OtherBonds" image, 17. Feb. 2001:
>http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/13586/
>http://news.povray.org/3A8EF8E9.FB1DBEC7%40hotmail.com

I have that 17 Feb image as my wallpaper today, so a real 
coincedince that you should post this today. 

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

%HAV-A-NICEDAY Error not enough coffee  0 pps. 

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  8:15pm  up 54 days, 12:00,  1 user,  load average: 1.00, 1.02, 1.00


Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: IsoBonds (40KB)
Date: 3 Dec 2001 20:19:18
Message: <3C0BDE63.427D334@gmx.de>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> 
> This image was rendered with radiosity in v3.5.
> (There's also some focal blur, but I regret that.)
> The texture is just a plain pigment. (Because real
> textures are slow when experimenting with isos.)
> 

Nice, it's really a shame you don't have a faster computer...

Christoph

-- 
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>
IsoWood include, radiosity tutorial, TransSkin and other 
things on: http://www.schunter.etc.tu-bs.de/~chris/


Post a reply to this message

From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: Re: IsoBonds (40KB)
Date: 5 Dec 2001 01:13:11
Message: <3C0D72AA.1EACA6D0@hotmail.com>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> 
> Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> >
> > This image was rendered with radiosity in v3.5.
> > (There's also some focal blur, but I regret that.)
> > The texture is just a plain pigment. (Because real
> > textures are slow when experimenting with isos.)
> >
> 
> Nice, it's really a shame you don't have a faster computer...

Yes, methinksotoo!

I have a lot of iso stuff spinning around in my head,
but it takes forever to verify it and test it out in
POV-Ray on my 100MHz Pentium at home.

At work I now have access to a 1GHz PIII. This is
nice when I want to do overnight renders. But when
I'm experimenting with isos, I need to start and
stop renderings frequently while changing the code.
(The building alarm at work is activated WAY to
early in the evenings.)


Tor Olav


Post a reply to this message

From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: Re: IsoBonds (40KB)
Date: 5 Dec 2001 01:14:36
Message: <3C0D7301.2247AF72@hotmail.com>
Steve wrote:
> 
> On Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:35:51 +0100, Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> 
> >Also see my "OtherBonds" image, 17. Feb. 2001:
> >http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/13586/
> >http://news.povray.org/3A8EF8E9.FB1DBEC7%40hotmail.com
> 
> I have that 17 Feb image as my wallpaper today, so a real
> coincedince that you should post this today.

I'm very glad that you like it.


Tor Olav


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.