POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : v3.7.1 beta 5-- light_group problem? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 18:47:18 EDT (-0400)
  v3.7.1 beta 5-- light_group problem? (Message 21 to 24 of 24)
From: green
Subject: Re: v3.7.1 beta 5-- light_group problem?
Date: 5 May 2017 09:05:00
Message: <web.590c77d0cb5fff94540f0de50@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:
>

> > Proposed key word : global_shadows on/off
> > Default is ON
>
> Exactly! My thought too.

thinking more like
    light_group{ BOOLEAN tokens...
where a missing BOOLEAN would denote the default.

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Date: 5 May 2017 15:00:00
Message: <web.590ccacbcb5fff94883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
"green" <rov### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> thinking more like
>     light_group{ BOOLEAN tokens...
> where a missing BOOLEAN would denote the default.

An interesting idea; less keyboard typing to do.

However, there is already a 'global_lights' keyword for light_groups, so its
'mate' should be a similar phrase (in my opinion), which would seem logical, as
the two phrases are so closely related as to the meaning of their operations.

Of course, this is all hypothetical right now. Clipka and the other developers
are probably thinking, "What?! ANOTHER new feature to add??"  :-P

Post a reply to this message

> Of course, this is all hypothetical right now. Clipka and the other developers
> are probably thinking, "What?! ANOTHER new feature to add??"  :-P

No, actually I'm thinking "Yup, I guess we should implement something
like this"; I haven't looked too much at the details though to decide on
any particular syntax.

What I can say for sure is that it won't be in 3.7.1, and that it will
/not/ be `light_group { BOOLEAN ... }`.

Post a reply to this message

>>> Proposed key word : global_shadows on/off
>>> Default is ON
>>
>> Exactly! My thought too.
>
> thinking more like
>      light_group{ BOOLEAN tokens...
> where a missing BOOLEAN would denote the default.

Putting a naked boolean is a big no no.