POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Optional macro parameters Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:37:16 EDT (-0400)
  Optional macro parameters (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Optional macro parameters
Date: 23 Mar 2017 12:05:00
Message: <web.58d3f1da55c5eb5fc437ac910@news.povray.org>
I tried to write a macro using optional parameters.

POV-Ray gave me back errors, saying it wanted n parameters, but I only supplied
x.

The number of parameters I specified was n, ranging from 0 to 4.
I tried supplying 0-3, but it seemed to want all 4.

That was with beta 2.

I will supply more info if necessary.
Has anyone else tried running an optional parameter macro?

Can someone post sample code?

Post a reply to this message

Le 23/03/2017 à 17:03, Bald Eagle a écrit :
> I tried to write a macro using optional parameters.
>
> POV-Ray gave me back errors, saying it wanted n parameters, but I only supplied
> x.
>
> The number of parameters I specified was n, ranging from 0 to 4.
> I tried supplying 0-3, but it seemed to want all 4.
>
> That was with beta 2.
>
> I will supply more info if necessary.
> Has anyone else tried running an optional parameter macro?
>
> Can someone post sample code?

Could provide the code you tried first ?

My guess so far is : #version...

Post a reply to this message

Am 23.03.2017 um 17:03 schrieb Bald Eagle:
> I tried to write a macro using optional parameters.
>
> POV-Ray gave me back errors, saying it wanted n parameters, but I only supplied
> x.
>
> The number of parameters I specified was n, ranging from 0 to 4.
> I tried supplying 0-3, but it seemed to want all 4.

You can omit the optional parameters, but you still have to specify the
commas. For example:

    #macro Foo(A, optional B, C)
    #end

    Foo(1,,3)

Currently, this is true even if the optional parameters are at the end
of the parameter list:

    #macro Foo(A, B, optional C)
    #end

    Foo(1,2,)

Post a reply to this message

> Am 23.03.2017 um 17:03 schrieb Bald Eagle:
>> I tried to write a macro using optional parameters.
>>
>> POV-Ray gave me back errors, saying it wanted n parameters, but I only supplied
>> x.
>>
>> The number of parameters I specified was n, ranging from 0 to 4.
>> I tried supplying 0-3, but it seemed to want all 4.
>
> You can omit the optional parameters, but you still have to specify the
> commas. For example:
>
>     #macro Foo(A, optional B, C)
>     #end
>
>     Foo(1,,3)
>
> Currently, this is true even if the optional parameters are at the end
> of the parameter list:
>
>     #macro Foo(A, B, optional C)
>     #end
>
>     Foo(1,2,)