POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : No configure file to build povray on Unix (whe donwloaded from git Server Time
28 Mar 2024 12:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  No configure file to build povray on Unix (whe donwloaded from git (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
Subject: No configure file to build povray on Unix (whe donwloaded from git
Date: 11 Feb 2017 09:55:01
Message: <web.589f248f4ee6518c1584cee80@news.povray.org>
Hi,

There exist no configure-file to build povray on unix when dowloading from git

$ git clone https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray.git
$ cd povray
$ git checkout v3.7.1-beta.2
$ find . -name configure
../libraries/tiff/configure
../libraries/jpeg/configure
../libraries/openexr/configure
../libraries/ilmbase/configure
../libraries/png/configure
../libraries/zlib/configure
$ git checkout master
../libraries/tiff/configure
../libraries/jpeg/configure
../libraries/openexr/configure
../libraries/ilmbase/configure
../libraries/png/configure
../libraries/zlib/configure

In povray 3.7.0.RC6 there was a configure file in the root directory. 3.7.0.RC6
was extracted from povray-3.7.0.RC6.tar.gz however.
$ cd .../povray-3.7.0.RC6
$ find . -name configure
../configure

/Thanks for a great program, Jan

Post a reply to this message

On 2/11/2017 9:49 AM, Jan Lind�ker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There exist no configure-file to build povray on unix when dowloading from git

did you change directory to your-install-dir/unix then run the
prebuild.sh script first?

Post a reply to this message

On 2/11/2017 10:30 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 2/11/2017 9:49 AM, Jan Lind�ker wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There exist no configure-file to build povray on unix when dowloading
>> from git
>
> did you change directory to your-install-dir/unix then run the
> prebuild.sh script first?

make that ... where-you-unpacked-tarball/unix

Date: 11 Feb 2017 13:45:00
Message: <web.589f5b684915f5831584cee80@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback <spa### [at] nothanksnet> wrote:
> On 2/11/2017 10:30 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> > On 2/11/2017 9:49 AM, Jan Lind�ker wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> There exist no configure-file to build povray on unix when dowloading
> >> from git
> >
> > did you change directory to your-install-dir/unix then run the
> > prebuild.sh script first?
> >

> make that ... where-you-unpacked-tarball/unix

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply!

When reading unix/README i (ahem) sort of skipped directly to the
"Compiling and installing" section. Given your instruction and actually reading
the whole document compiling and installing went without hiccups.

Post a reply to this message