POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : problem with installing latest 'development build' Server Time
29 Mar 2024 08:58:43 EDT (-0400)
  problem with installing latest 'development build' (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Kenneth
Subject: problem with installing latest 'development build'
Date: 5 Feb 2016 04:55:00
Message: <web.56b4703fb1b68e033c457550@news.povray.org>
I just tried (several times) to download and install the Win32 sse2 version of
the latest 'development build' from Github (onto my older Windows 32-bit XP
machine)...

v3.7.1-alpha.8451792+av100

but after placing the 7zip-extracted pvengine32-sse2 file in v3.7's 'bin'
folder, it doesn't run at all. I get the Windows error message,

"C\Program Files\POV-Ray\v3.7\bin\pvengine-32sse2.exe is not a valid Win32
application"

My set-up worked fine with the previous development build, but not this one.
(Yes, I've 'hidden' v3.7's *original* pvengine32-sse2 file in a different dummy
folder.) I honestly have no idea what I'm doing wrong, if anything. Could there
be a problem with the file? I'm curious to know if anyone else has run into this
situation.

Post a reply to this message

> "C\Program Files\POV-Ray\v3.7\bin\pvengine-32sse2.exe is not a valid Win32
> application"

Have you tried to change the name to: pvengine.exe  ?

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message