POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Possible (extremely minor) bug - 3.7 beta Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:30:13 EDT (-0400)
  Possible (extremely minor) bug - 3.7 beta (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: redmasq
Subject: Possible (extremely minor) bug - 3.7 beta
Date: 2 Oct 2013 12:40:01
Message: <web.524c47436bdc587be4a61e650@news.povray.org>
I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64bit Service Pack 1
2 of AMD Opteron 4280 @ 2.8Ghz (14 cores of 16 cores used)
32GB ram
POV-Ray 3.7.0.RC7.msvc10.win64 using provided binaries

Scene is minor modification of Jaime Vives Piqueres's hf2iso.pov except I threw
with elements of Giles Trans's makecloud for the sky, xfrog trees, and a few
other random tweaks.

I was experimenting with using excessive number of threads to render using the
options of +FN16 +V +BS192 +WT512 +RP2 +RS4 +W9600 +H5400

The scene uses #version 3.6. Radiosity and photons are off.

Specific symptoms is on day 24 the indicator of the time spent now displays
4294967272d 4294967272h 4294967272m 4294967272s. Which I assume is unsigned max
int. The render is still running and I don't have effective means of reproducing
the issue at this time (the render is still running and I rather not start it
over).

I currently have an incomplete dev environment on this machine, so attaching a
debugger is not currently possible.

If have noted that the number of threads in the message window does not match
the number of threads specified; however, windows task manager has shown the an
expected number (I remember approximately a dozen more then the 512 specified)
of threads. The number of threads has recently declined to 101. Listed CPU time
is 8964:15:11 (and counting) working memory is 445720K Peak was 2219688K Page
Faults 1163814432 Handles 1004. With affinity set to 14 of the 16 cores, its
maintains about 88% CPU on the gauge. It's 95% complete, my switching to the
message window has removed completed pixel count from the status bar.

From Message window:
Preset INI file is 'C:\Users\Pace\Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\ini\quickres.ini',
section is '[1920x1080 No AA]'.
Preset source file is 'X:\3D\POV-Ray\hf2iso_2\hf2iso.pov'.
Rendering using command line '+FN16 +V +BS192 +WT512 +RP2 +RS4 +W9600 +H5400'.
Rendering with 16 threads.
Parser Options
  Input file: X:\3D\POV-Ray\hf2iso_2\hf2iso.pov
  Remove bounds........On
  Split unions.........Off
  Library paths:
    C:\Users\Pace\Documents\POV-Ray\v3.7\include
    C:\Windows\Fonts
  Clock value:    0.000  (Animation off)
Image Output Options
  Image resolution.....9600 by 5400 (rows 1 to 5400, columns 1 to 9600).
  Output file..........X:\3D\POV-Ray\hf2iso_2\hf2iso.png, 48 bpp PNG
  Dithering............Off
  Graphic display......On  (gamma: sRGB)
  Mosaic preview.......Off
  Continued trace......Off
Information Output Options
  All Streams to console..........On
  Debug Stream to console.........On
  Fatal Stream to console.........On
  Render Stream to console........On
  Statistics Stream to console....On
  Warning Stream to console.......On
Clouds
Parse Warning: Expected pure RGB color expression, unexpected filter and
transmit components will have no effect.
Parse Warning: Expected pure RGB color expression, unexpected filter and
transmit components will have no effect.
Parse Warning: Expected pure RGB color expression, unexpected filter and
transmit components will have no effect.
Parse Warning: Expected pure RGB color expression, unexpected filter and
transmit components will have no effect.
Parse Warning: This rendering uses the following experimental feature(s):
spline, TIFF image support. The design and implementation of these features is
likely to change in future versions of POV-Ray. Backward compatibility with the
current implementation is not
guaranteed.

Parser Statistics

Finite Objects:        21567
Infinite Objects:         18
Light Sources:             1
Total:                 21586

Parser Time
  Parse Time:       0 hours  0 minutes 29 seconds (29.247 seconds)
              using 1 thread(s) with 29.109 CPU-seconds total
  Bounding Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0.104 seconds)
              using 1 thread(s) with 0.093 CPU-seconds total

Render Options
  Quality:  9
  Bounding boxes.......On   Bounding threshold: 3
  Antialiasing.........Off

Post a reply to this message

> The number of threads has recently declined to 101.

That at least makes sense, because at 95% completion there
should be about 70 to 140 blocks left to render (the exact number
depends on how many small blocks from the last row are finished).

Post a reply to this message