POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Bug in PovRay 3.7 RC7 ?! Server Time
16 Apr 2024 16:09:13 EDT (-0400)
  Bug in PovRay 3.7 RC7 ?! (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Alex
Subject: Bug in PovRay 3.7 RC7 ?!
Date: 23 Feb 2013 15:05:00
Message: <web.51291ab861afb3e8db8ca50@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I encounter an error that does not make sense to me (I am using POV version
3.7.0.RC7.msvc10.win64 on a Win 7 64 bit OS with 32 GB RAM).

starts without any problem, but then after a few frames (and this number varies
randomly: sometimes 3, sometimes 9, etc.), it suddenly stops with the error

The *.pov file can be found here:
http://www.isi.uu.nl/People/Alexander/files/Scene_def.pov

The *.inc files (containing "mesh2" objects) can be downloaded here:
www.isi.uu.nl/People/Alexander/files/POV_inc_files.zip (370 MB)

FYI (1) - you need around 12 GB RAM to render this animation and with my i7 2.4
GHz quadcore it takes around 15 min to run one frame...

FYI (2) - in RC6, the same animation produced the error similar to
http://bugs.povray.org/task/257.

Any suggestions on how to tackle this problem? Or am I doing something wrong?

Kind regards,
Alexander

Post a reply to this message