POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Command-line declare seems limited to 6 significant figures Server Time
30 Apr 2024 12:01:41 EDT (-0400)
  Command-line declare seems limited to 6 significant figures (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Command-line declare seems limited to 6 significant figures
Date: 1 Aug 2012 22:45:00
Message: <web.5019e866aa48f60685de7b680@news.povray.org>
When I use declare= on the command line or in a .ini file, only 6 significant
figures get passed in.

  #version 3.7;
  #ifndef (Input) #declare Input = 12345.6789; #end
  #debug concat (str(Input,0,4), "\n")

Rendering this scene file with no parameters prints 12345.6789 as expected.  But
rendering it with the command line option

  declare=Input=12345.6789

yields 12345.7000.  (POV-Ray 3.6.1 prints all 9 digits.)

POV-Ray version: 3.7.RC6
Operating system: openSUSE Linux 12.1

Post a reply to this message

"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> When I use declare= on the command line or in a .ini file, only 6 significant
> figures get passed in.
>   _________________________________________________
>
>   #version 3.7;
>   #ifndef (Input) #declare Input = 12345.6789; #end
>   #debug concat (str(Input,0,4), "\n")
>
> Rendering this scene file with no parameters prints 12345.6789 as expected.  But
> rendering it with the command line option
>
>   declare=Input=12345.6789
>
> yields 12345.7000.  (POV-Ray 3.6.1 prints all 9 digits.)
>
> POV-Ray version: 3.7.RC6
> Operating system: openSUSE Linux 12.1

POV-Ray 3.6.1 isn't perfect either.  The option declare=Input=123456789 yields
123456792.0000.

Post a reply to this message