POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Segmentation fault with animation of large image Server Time
1 Jun 2024 11:11:04 EDT (-0400)
  Segmentation fault with animation of large image (Message 8 to 17 of 17)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault with animation of large image
Date: 28 Jan 2012 16:09:19
Message: <4f2463ff@news.povray.org>
On 28.01.12 19:54, Le_Forgeron wrote:
>> I have not run an animation this large in Windows, so I don't know if it's a
>> >  problem there.
> Well, if someone can try that on Windows (animation, picture size bigger
> in any dimensions, including both, than the available display)

Why would a crash in Unix-specific code have any impact on Windows-specific
code?

     Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 28 Jan 2012 16:10:10
Message: <4f246432$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/28/2012 04:03 PM, Chris Cason wrote:
> On 29/01/2012 08:00, Jim Holsenback wrote:
>>> hmmm ... ~smp/unix/disp_sdl.cpp shows no difference with the version I
>>> have locally, so I couldn't do a diff to see what you'd changed. Wanted
>>> to pull the fix and do a little sanity check, but was unable to proceed.
>>
>> BTW: I have version #19 of the above mentioned file.
>
> It probably needs to be merged to trunk. I'll take a look at it later
> today.
>
> -- Chris

operator error I guess ... my p4 client hung and it must have pulled the
file anyways, because when I came back at it ... said no files updated.
After some more digging version #19 is indeed what I want and have.

Post a reply to this message