POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Include file versions Server Time
18 May 2024 09:57:38 EDT (-0400)
  Include file versions (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Include file versions
Date: 18 Jul 2011 22:45:00
Message: <web.4e24eede438cf1a185de7b680@news.povray.org>
Is it advisable to go through my include files and update them to version 3.7?
Is it a good idea to set the #version to 3.7 even if no changes are required?

I noticed that all the standard include files in the 3.7 release still have
#version 3.5, so the answer to my questions would *seem* to be "no," but I would
like to know what people think.

Post a reply to this message

> Is it advisable to go through my include files and update them to version 3.7?
> Is it a good idea to set the #version to 3.7 even if no changes are required?

  Note that POV-Ray 3.7 will behave differently depending on whether #version
has been set to 3.6 or 3.7, at least when talking about gamma correction.
(I don't remember now, however, what happens if the main pov file has a
#version 3.6 or no explicit #version, and an include file has #version 3.7...)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message