POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : background transparency in output not working in 3.7rc3 Server Time
1 Jun 2024 15:45:48 EDT (-0400)
  background transparency in output not working in 3.7rc3 (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Nathan
Subject: background transparency in output not working in 3.7rc3
Date: 3 Feb 2011 02:40:01
Message: <web.4d4a5a8fb5b01dac8e1a26ee0@news.povray.org>
I am doing some renders which I want the background to be transparent in the
output file.  I have "Output_Alpha=1" in my render ini file.  Using the same
files (scene and render ini) this works great with version 3.6 but doesn't work
at all with 3.7 rc3.

I wanted to mention this, as it may be of benefit to others.

[I apologize for not exhaustively searching to see if this has been reported
elsewhere.  I am legally blind and the bulk of text is overwhelming to parse. ]
Thanks everyone for your work.
-Nathan

Post a reply to this message

> I am doing some renders which I want the background to be transparent in the
> output file.  I have "Output_Alpha=1" in my render ini file.  Using the same
> files (scene and render ini) this works great with version 3.6 but doesn't work
> at all with 3.7 rc3.

What output file format are you using?

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> I am doing some renders which I want the background to be transparent in the
> output file.  I have "Output_Alpha=1" in my render ini file.  Using the same
> files (scene and render ini) this works great with version 3.6 but doesn't work
> at all with 3.7 rc3.

What exactly do you mean by "doesn't work at all"? Do you get an image
without alpha channel? Or an image with alpha channel that's all opaque?
Or even something else? (If you can't tell, please post an image in
povray.binaries.images)