POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Build povray 3.7 beta40 on mac osx Server Time
26 Apr 2024 21:57:11 EDT (-0400)
  Build povray 3.7 beta40 on mac osx (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Szczepan Kuzniarz
Subject: Re: Build povray 3.7 beta40 on mac osx
Date: 18 Jun 2011 12:55:01
Message: <web.4dfcd82cea80a0bb7b9552590@news.povray.org>
"Adam Weyhaupt" <ada### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> [...]
> I'm trying to compile RC2 and have the same error as the original poster.  This
> patch doesn't seem to be able to be automatically applied to frame.h in RC2, and
> I wasn't able to figure out what the changes need to be.  This patch does work
> great for me on beta40; I checked today and was able to compile with no
> problems.  In frame.h, what in beta40 we had:

I've just compiled RC3 on Mac OS X 10.6.7. You have to make following changes:

in vfe/unix/syspovconfig.h remove lines 174-177 (#defines regarding
THREAD_LOCAL_PTR)
in vfe/unix/vfeplatform.h add #include <sys/types.h> before #include
<boost/shared_ptr.hpp>
in vfe/vfesession.h add #include <sys/types.h> before #include <queue>
in source/base/image/image.cpp replace all occurrences of lseek64 with lseek

--
Greetings,

Szczepan Kuzniarz

Post a reply to this message

"Szczepan Kuzniarz" <szc### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Adam Weyhaupt" <ada### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > I'm trying to compile RC2 and have the same error as the original poster.  This
> > patch doesn't seem to be able to be automatically applied to frame.h in RC2, and
> > I wasn't able to figure out what the changes need to be.  This patch does work
> > great for me on beta40; I checked today and was able to compile with no
> > problems.  In frame.h, what in beta40 we had:
>
> I've just compiled RC3 on Mac OS X 10.6.7. You have to make following changes:
>
> in vfe/unix/syspovconfig.h remove lines 174-177 (#defines regarding
> THREAD_LOCAL_PTR)
> in vfe/unix/vfeplatform.h add #include <sys/types.h> before #include
> <boost/shared_ptr.hpp>
> in vfe/vfesession.h add #include <sys/types.h> before #include <queue>
> in source/base/image/image.cpp replace all occurrences of lseek64 with lseek
>

> --
> Greetings,
>
> Szczepan Kuzniarz

GREAT!!!! Thanks!!!!!