POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Memory leak with focal blur Server Time
28 Jun 2024 11:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Memory leak with focal blur (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Tek
Subject: Memory leak with focal blur
Date: 20 Sep 2010 05:40:01
Message: <web.4c972b133b0be787caa39c860@news.povray.org>
There seems to be a huge memory leak which becomes noticeable if you use focal
blur on a scene with high-frequency noise. I suspect it's not cleaning up all
the additional rays it fires per pixel, and noisy scenes need a huge number of
rays.

Here's a simple example scene:

camera {
 location -z*4

 aperture 0.2
 focal_point 0
 blur_samples 64
 confidence 1 variance 0
}

light_source { <-1,1,-1>*100, rgb 1 }

sphere { 0, 1 pigment { crackle solid scale .001 colour_map { [0 rgb x][1 rgb
x+y] } } }
cylinder { -y, -y*2, 3 pigment { rgb z } }
background { rgb .7 }

Watch pov's memory usage when it starts tracing against the sphere.

Post a reply to this message

> sphere { 0, 1 pigment { crackle solid scale .001 colour_map { [0 rgb x][1 rgb

It's Crackle. I ran into this some time ago. Try a different noise
function.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message