POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : installer POV-Ray 3.7 beta 38 issues Server Time
29 Mar 2024 09:45:51 EDT (-0400)
  installer POV-Ray 3.7 beta 38 issues (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: stevenvh
Subject: installer POV-Ray 3.7 beta 38 issues
Date: 31 Jul 2010 04:50:01
Message: <web.4c53e2dba045f70ec0721a1d0@news.povray.org>
I have a few issues with the 3.7 beta 38 installer.

1. Under WinXP beta 38 gets installed under "C:\documents and
settings\user\application data". This folder is for application *DATA*, not for
applications. Actually I like to choose myself where I install my programs,
which I could with beta 37, but not with beta 38. It looks like a new installer
is created for each new beta. Isn't it possible to re-use installers and just
fix the bugs?

2. The uninstaller (for both beta 37 and 38) deletes the settings from the "My
Documents" folder. Isn't the whole idea of placing them there to retain them
when a new version is installed?

Regards,
Steven

Post a reply to this message

> I have a few issues with the 3.7 beta 38 installer.
>
> 1. Under WinXP beta 38 gets installed under "C:\documents and
> settings\user\application data". This folder is for application *DATA*, not for
> applications. Actually I like to choose myself where I install my programs,
> which I could with beta 37, but not with beta 38. It looks like a new installer
> is created for each new beta. Isn't it possible to re-use installers and just
> fix the bugs?

This issue really, really has been beaten to death now. Search the
newsgroups just a week back for the lst thread on that issue.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> This issue really, really has been beaten to death now. Search the
> newsgroups just a week back for the lst thread on that issue.
>
>  Thorsten

OK. My apologies.

Post a reply to this message