POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Winpov, continue_trace, no display Server Time
29 Jun 2024 11:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Winpov, continue_trace, no display (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: StephenS
Subject: Winpov, continue_trace, no display
Date: 1 Aug 2010 09:15:00
Message: <web.4c55732e246c208571d66cc0@news.povray.org>
I've created a simple scene .pov and .ini.
After a successful render and file save, I use
Display = On
Continue_Trace = On
This gives a message 'File already rendered and continue requested; skipping'
So far, OK.

If I change to
Display = On
;Continue_Trace = On   or even Continue_Trace = Off

The file is rendered, but the display is off.
This is strange.

Restarting Winpov gets the display window to re-appear at render or setting
Display = Off, render, then Display = On will also work.

Can someone confirm this?
Mostly just an annoyance now that I know how to get it back.

Stephen S

Post a reply to this message

> I've created a simple scene .pov and .ini.
> After a successful render and file save, I use
> Display = On
> Continue_Trace = On
> This gives a message 'File already rendered and continue requested; skipping'
> So far, OK.
>
> If I change to
> Display = On
> ;Continue_Trace = On   or even Continue_Trace = Off
>
> The file is rendered, but the display is off.
> This is strange.
>
> Restarting Winpov gets the display window to re-appear at render or setting
> Display = Off, render, then Display = On will also work.
>
> Can someone confirm this?
> Mostly just an annoyance now that I know how to get it back.
>
> Stephen S

Sorry I forgot:
POV-Ray 3.7.0.beta.38.msvc9-sse2.win32

Post a reply to this message

> I've created a simple scene .pov and .ini.
> After a successful render and file save, I use
> Display = On
> Continue_Trace = On
> This gives a message 'File already rendered and continue requested; skipping'
> So far, OK.
>
> If I change to
> Display = On
> ;Continue_Trace = On   or even Continue_Trace = Off
>
> The file is rendered, but the display is off.
> This is strange.
>
> Restarting Winpov gets the display window to re-appear at render or setting
> Display = Off, render, then Display = On will also work.
>
> Can someone confirm this?
> Mostly just an annoyance now that I know how to get it back.
>
> Stephen S

If I use:
Display = Off
Display = On
;Continue_Trace = On

This will work, more than two 'Display' in the .ini file. It seems to need to be
set from off to on, before it starts to display the preview window again after a
skipped continue trace.