POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : conserve_energy for iridescence Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:46:36 EDT (-0400)
  conserve_energy for iridescence (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mr
Subject: conserve_energy for iridescence
Date: 8 Jul 2010 07:25:01
Message: <web.4c35b502534a350cef8361b30@news.povray.org>
Just an idea, would'nt it be nice to enable the possibility to use the
conserve_energy keyword for iridescence, too, as thin film's coating is some
kind of reflected light that can't reach the underneath diffuse layer?

But maybe it's too negligible to be worth it? or maybe it's already possible but
not yet in the irid documentation?

Post a reply to this message

> Just an idea, would'nt it be nice to enable the possibility to use the
> conserve_energy keyword for iridescence, too, as thin film's coating is some
> kind of reflected light that can't reach the underneath diffuse layer?
>
> But maybe it's too negligible to be worth it? or maybe it's already possible but
> not yet in the irid documentation?

Iridescence is scheduled for demolition and re-construction anyway, as
the current implementation suffers from an excessively high level of
bogosity. I'll keep your suggestion in mind.

Post a reply to this message

> > Just an idea, would'nt it be nice to enable the possibility to use the
> > conserve_energy keyword for iridescence, too, as thin film's coating is some
> > kind of reflected light that can't reach the underneath diffuse layer?
> >
> > But maybe it's too negligible to be worth it? or maybe it's already possible but
> > not yet in the irid documentation?
>
> Iridescence is scheduled for demolition and re-construction anyway, as
> the current implementation suffers from an excessively high level of
> bogosity. I'll keep your suggestion in mind.

Thanks. However bogosine it may be, :) the current implementation is already fun
to play with (I'm sure you'll turn it from this to amazing when you get to it,
but there's no hurry)