POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : ini file - Input_File_Name requires extension Server Time
29 Jun 2024 11:52:08 EDT (-0400)
  ini file - Input_File_Name requires extension (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: jberry02
Subject: ini file - Input_File_Name requires extension
Date: 21 Jun 2010 20:00:01
Message: <web.4c1ffc789becd6c8bba8fbcd0@news.povray.org>
POV-Ray for Windows v3.7 beta 37a (64-bit)

ini file requires extension, whereas 3.6 did not.

i.e., Input_File_Name=scene worked under 3.6, but the beta requires
Input_File_Name=scene.pov

Post a reply to this message

> POV-Ray for Windows v3.7 beta 37a (64-bit)
>
> ini file requires extension, whereas 3.6 did not.
>
> i.e., Input_File_Name=scene worked under 3.6, but the beta requires
> Input_File_Name=scene.pov

Hmm, you say ini file and show and example scene file. Please provide a
clear report saying what you expect and what happens instead.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

On 6/22/2010 11:32 AM, Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> On 22.06.10 01:57, jberry02 wrote:
>> POV-Ray for Windows v3.7 beta 37a (64-bit)
>>
>> ini file requires extension, whereas 3.6 did not.
>>
>> i.e., Input_File_Name=scene worked under 3.6, but the beta requires
>> Input_File_Name=scene.pov
>
> Hmm, you say ini file and show and example scene file. Please provide a
> clear report saying what you expect and what happens instead.
>
> Thorsten

No, he showed the example syntax he provided is used for INI files. See
"3.1.2.5.2  Input File Name".

Also, the docs say "If you do not have an extension then .pov is
assumed", which I assume is the problem he's reporting.

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message