POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Benchmark.pov update before release Server Time
30 Jun 2024 13:34:40 EDT (-0400)
  Benchmark.pov update before release (Message 1 to 10 of 26)
From: StephenS
Subject: Benchmark.pov update before release
Date: 23 May 2010 10:35:00
Message: <web.4bf93c67dc8a8fde177b3660@news.povray.org>
Just a reminder that the included scenes\advanced\benchmark.ini/pov file is
diferent from the winpov menu render\run benchmark. The picture looks diferent.

Would be nice to match these up before release.
Added to flyspray bug reporting.

Stephen S

Post a reply to this message

> Just a reminder that the included scenes\advanced\benchmark.ini/pov file is
> diferent from the winpov menu render\run benchmark. The picture looks diferent.
>
> Would be nice to match these up before release.
> Added to flyspray bug reporting.
>
> Stephen S

It would be good to remove at least one of those lines from benchmark.ini:
Display=Off
This disable the preview.

Output_To_File=Off
This disable saving the resulting image.

As it is now, there is NO preview and the image is NOT saved anywhere.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

> It would be good to remove at least one of those lines from benchmark.ini:
> Display=Off
> This disable the preview.
>
> Output_To_File=Off
> This disable saving the resulting image.
>
> As it is now, there is NO preview and the image is NOT saved anywhere.

There is a "benchmark_Display.ini" which has the settings:

;Buffer_Output=Off
;Buffer_Size=0
Display=On
Output_To_File=On

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> As it is now, there is NO preview and the image is NOT saved anywhere.

That is kind of the point of a processor benchmark and intentional :-)

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> > As it is now, there is NO preview and the image is NOT saved anywhere.

> That is kind of the point of a processor benchmark and intentional :-)

  How much overhead would displaying the image cause in reality? After all,
it would be nicer to see the image being rendered instead of just some
percentage...

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message